Mebeverine interactions with other medicines taken daily

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I am looking for people who experienced interactions either with antidepressants or beta-blockers while taking Mebeverine daily. When you read the patient leaflet, there is nothing said about any interactions (I am not talking about alergic reactions to Mebeverine).

It is difficult for me to accept there are none because Mebeverine acts on our intestines and there is a lot going on there not only with food but also with any medication we take every day.

I seem to have some symptoms but I am not sure if they are due to Mebeverine.

I am just putting a question forward to anyone who has/had any side effects either: taking Mebeverine and beta-blockers or taking Mebeverine and antidepressants. I do not mean taking them together at the same time, but on the same day, let's say 2-4 hours between them.

What were your experiences like?

Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

not again! that medication causes nothing hassle, i would stop taking it and quickly! i would check with others on here but that stuff seems to be handed out like sweets, it does harm not good. speak to your chemist about any other medicine except that nonsense, good luck finding something else there's lots more to choose from!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.