Med Increase

Posted , 3 users are following.

MY doctor is increasing me to 10 from 5 . What should i expect? 5 didn't do anything for my anxiety. i actually got more anxious. I am wondering if i will feel better and will the side effects get really bad? PLEASE HELP me understand what i have to look forward to.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

So far everything you said is normal. Starting or increasing will give you some side effects including anxiety (I know, right). Anyways you probably will have more side effects when moving to 10. It's completely normal. Remember that side effects mean that the meds are working things out inside you (for the better!). Just stay positive and go one day at a time. You will be fine!

• Posted

thank you, how long do i wait before it is decided that this medication is not for me? I feel like i have wasted 4 weeks with no real help:(

• Posted

thank you, I hope it will be working for me by then:)

• Posted

I know it feels like that but the 5 dose is very dose. However, being on it for 4 weeks will make it a little easier when going to 10. Btw its normal to question the meds...that's anxiety. Just tell yourself that the meds are a good thing that they are improving your life which they will. They are working hard now it just takes time to see that.

• Posted

I meant a very low dose in my last reply...

• Posted

thank you. i really appreciate you taking time to reassure me. This is my first experience with antidepressants and i am just so nervous about them.

• Posted

No problem. It's fine and your fine. Just hard to see that when your down. The meds will take care of that and get you on the mend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.