Medical Advice!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I need help!!! I thought I cut myself shaving because i was using a dull razor but after I took this picture this morning, im having second thoughts. Is this herpes? I had sex with someone who I have been having sex with for the past few months a couple of days before I noticed the sore. We have never used a condom and this is the first time this has happened. The sores are only on the outside, not inside. Please help. Im terrified to go to the doctor.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

yes, the b*****d has gave you herpes

• Posted

to be fair he could have not known he had it. many have it and have no idea because they show no symptoms.

• Edited

i agree, that a Cu*tish comment to make, many people live a symptomatic with Herpes, stop being so judgemental.

• Edited

Hello,

This is a typical herpes outbreak, please get a swab of the ulcers as soon as possible.

It is very hard to determine who passed to who, this causes a problem because we tend to think the other partner might be cheating on us, but the really is you or him could have contracted herpes a very long time ago. The best thing to do is to test each other, get treated. If your partner comes out negative, practice safe sex. We suggest no oral sex to prevent oral herpes, but this is quite hard not to do.

Keep it calm, don't freak out, the first outbreak tends to be an aggressive one, the future outbreaks will be less aggressive (or none at all). The treatments are very good and effective

Treatment : Acyclovir 400 mg three times daily for 7–10 days, this is an oral therapy.

If you have any other questions or doubts, write through private and I'll be glad to help you!!

Hugs and best wishes!!

• Posted

how long does the first outbreak last? mine was healed when I woke up this morning. I only had it for about 4 days

• Posted

did u take antivirals? everyone is different. average first outbreak can be from 1-3 weeks

• Posted

it does look typical of herpes but what are your symptoms?

are they sore/itchy?

any unwell feelings before they came up?

this could easily be bacterial from the razor. i would get tested just to be sure to get the correct treatment.

• Posted

Hello, I'm a 29 year old girl and I want to know if someone can help me figure out if I got something the other night. I got oral herpes for the first time 2 months ago. I know because I saw scabs for a week. About 2 days ago, I had tiny oral sore on my bottom lip. I shaved near my lip that was next to that cold sore. About 7 hours later, I washed that same razor with soap and shaved down there quickly Saturday night. Within 20 minutes of shaving, I got small cuts & what looked like small open sores right after & I’ve never seen it like that down there. Hurt to pee right after too. It was like that for 2 hours. Then I went to sleep for about 3 hours & when I woke up, it didn’t hurt to pee, and things looked normal down there again. It’s been about 2 days & I never saw any scabbing, still looks normal down there. Can genital herpes symptoms only last for about 3 hours & then go away? Could the razor I used to shave near my oral herpes or just shaving down there have given me genital herpes? Is it possible I infected myself with genital herpes from the oral herpes I have?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.