MEDICAL ADVICE PLEASE

Posted , 5 users are following.

I attended a gps surgery with ailments such as,feeling clammy,nausious,pain in left arm and chest and a huge temperature. On seeing the GP he advised me I didnt have Angina as I thought it could be. He carried out NO tests ATALL he said he would make a refferal to the RAPID  access chest clinic. This referal was delayed by 12 days for some reason in between my visit to GPs surgery and the Clinic appt I suffered two heart attacks.

I have a question that no one seems to want to answer which is

Is there a protocol that  gp should have followed in doing atleast some kind of examination or even look up my family history as both parents died from heart desease.

I was left to go home non the wiser to my condition and NO meds administered. As I said I had 2 heart attacks before I was seen at clinic 12 DAYS LATER

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME ANY MEDICAL ADVICE AS TO WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE DONE WHILST UNDER HIS DUTY OF CARE??????????????

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Feeling as you did why did you not dial 999 or go directly to A&E ?

Did you not realise you had the heart attacks

• Posted

No as I had had two of the attacks PRIOR to gps surgery and he said it was nothing to worry about.as i said no examination,no questions no meds just a referal and I had those OTHER two attacks whilst waiting im lucky to be alive
    • Posted

Sorry I got confused as to how many heart attacks you had.
  • Posted

He certainly should have examined you and definitely  have done an ECG at the surgery.

When presenting at my GP's with similar symptoms I was told the first time to go to the chest pain clinic at the hospital right away. The second time they made an appointment for me for the next day.

Sounds like your one either forgot to refer you or did it as routine rather than urgent.

You really need to follow up on this although initially you said that the two heart attacks were after your GP visit.

What did the hospital do ?

• Posted

I was blue lighted to hospital and under went heart angioplasty
  • Posted

Hi stu48319 - at the very least blood tests should have been taken. They can measure elements in the blood to definitively ascertain that you have had a heart attack. Next time you feel anything untoward call for an ambulance immediately. I would also find another doctor.
  • Posted

When I have been to the hospital they do the blood test and then repeat it six hours later for confirmation.

At my UK doctors surgery blood samples are only collected once a day in late morning.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.