Medical assessment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi on dla low care was due some time this year to go no pip assessment got some1 to apply for pip 4 me now as got more medical problems so money matters who is doing it 4 me phoned up less than 2 weeks ago 4 forms and 2 make claim 4 me I also spoke 2 dwp 2 give my consent. Now I am been asked to go 4 medical I stay in Scottish borders but told i would need 2 go 2 Edinburgh about 45 miles away they r supplying taxi up and down.point is I have numerous medical conditions but goes 4 nothing at medical.if I get knocked off how will it affect my money.i know I will b appealing and I should get put back on got lot of support of docs. Ie consultations. But what money would would I b getting in meantime.i get appr £239 per fortnight with loan off and in support group .I am really struggling through this coz tories came out about a year ago and said if u r chronic and no sign off getting better then u should not b called but dwp said every body's had 2 go so dirty lying Tory u no what so some advice please coz girl who is doing my pip forms is on hols 2 3rd April. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello there...

Have you asked for a home visit for your PIP assessment?

• Posted

Hi,

If the assessment is too far then you can cancel (only once) and rebook for somewhere closer to home.

As you're only claiming low rate Care for DLA, if you're not awarded PIP then it wouldn't affect your ESA. If your PIP isn't successful then your DLA will stop approx 4 weeks after a decision is made on the PIP.

Did you send in evidence for your PIP claim? They very rarely contact anyone for medical evidence. The onus is on you to make sure it's sent in.

No one has said that the Chronically sick don't need to attend a PIP assessment. You're thinking of ESA assessments and even for those it's only the one with certain conditions that may not need to attend anymore after their next assessment. For both PIP and ESA most people have to attend an assessment, it's rare to have a paper based decision. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi thanks girl is coming on 3rd April to fill in my form for pip and she is going to ask for home visit I only have 2 supporting letters as doc's down here dont do letters.as today I got l letter in 4 medical assessment for 16th April I have lots of physical health problems 2 is life threatening.i have 2 go 45 miles for it as it's the closest but they said they would get me a taxi. So now I am super stressed out too got pts as well.and now it's getting worse because of this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.