Medical marijuana and menopause

Posted , 9 users are following.

I’ve been taking edibles now for a while to sleep and have had great success and if I wake up in the middle of the night I’ll eat a little of the chocolate to fall back asleep. 

However I think taking it whilst going through menopause is perhaps making me worse! Took some at 5.30am as didn’t want to get up so early and have been dizzy faint and panicky all day ?

So now I’m seeing that it may be making me worse ? If anybody has thoughts or opinions on this would be interested to know if anybody has had the same experience . 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lori...

I've been taking cbd oil for almost a week now. I find that overall, my symptoms have gotten better. Headaches aren't nearly as bad and my nausea is less often. Still have bad and worse days. Not too many good moments. Brain fog seems constant. Personally, I think it's better with cbd. It definitely helped me fall asleep! At first peri had me almost constantly exausted. Now at 9 months with no period, insomnia is what I deal with lately. I was waking up around 3 a.m. every day. But since taking the oil that hasn't been happening. Hope this is helpful. Hugs!

• Posted

I had cbd oil once for anxiety 30 minutes later I was of it end up in the ER while I was it gave me a panic attack, I spent 9 hours in the ER before I cam out of it never again

• Posted

Hi Lori. I've no experience in this sorry but it would make sense that edible marijuana will come with its own side effects possibly, so I'd try to narrow down what you're taking so you can work out which one is helping xx

• Posted

Its funny how all of the replies are waiting to be moderated... wink

I have never had any of these but if they help with sleep or anything related to meno hell then by all means they are good to go.

I have heard and also from the doc i work with that cbd oil can be beneficial but it can also make moods worse. I know of two people who use it regularly and its changed everything for the better for them. They are certainly chill. I tried a bit of it but it didnt do much, and im pretty sensitive to things..i also never give things a chance to work but 

YES it can be good but if your panicky after then maybe not for you?

x0x0x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.