medical mystery

Posted , 5 users are following.

since start of last year i have been having bad pains under my rib cage and stomach,i been vomiting and the dizzy spells r really bad i have had heartburn and lots of kidney problems. i have been to doctors and A&E departments they all give me pain relief and i have had one diagnoses IBS  but i have researched it and spoke to people who have it and they say that IBS is not that bad. can anyone help i am lost i do not know what to do anyone my pain and illness has take my social life away i cant leave the house without someone with me now. i have pain so bad were i blackout. i was admited to A&E 2 weeks with bad bleeding from front and back passage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sam

Bleeding that you had must be related. What was the result of the hospital stay on that occasion? This would not relate to a cyst

• Posted

i never was offered to stay in I wait and wait time and time again i get seen by a doctor i get bloods done and they r normal everytime but cant explain the extreme pain never been offered a scan 
  • Posted

have you been offered a CT scan.

what are the medics telling you.

dont let them fob you off with an ibs diagnosis.

i am 3 days post polypectomy.

i too couldnt get a diagnosis.

i had lots of tests and the only thing they saw was a bunch of fibroids.

one of these fibroids turned out to be a polyp.

depending on their location you could get them pressing on various patrs of your digestive system and your plumbing.

i thought maybe i had an ovarian cyst but CT said no. maybe you had one that ruptured.

whats happening now since the bleed.

have you got someone gobby who can fight from your corner.?

i know how you get to the point you havent got the energy to make a fuss.

i cant understand why your gp isnt referring you to a gyneacologist. be insistant.

its so frustrating when no one takes you serious.

at least get a blood test. the results can show inflammation inside you.

everything takes so long these days as the health authorities are so overloaded.

i wish you well.

lets know about your road to recovery.

• Posted

they gave me ibuprofen and strong antiacids and they always say not to worry i nothing to worry over its just a bad IBS attack..and since u have been recently diagnosed its all new to me but everytime i am at A&E or out of doctors or my GP no one has offered me a CT Scan or any scan. and i am now dealing with possible fibromyalgia
  • Posted

Can you pay privately got a ct scan or to see a gynaecologist. At least you wouldn't wait and you'd have results/treatment plan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.