Medical mystery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Male, 19. Suffering with unexplained chronic illness for 2+ years. 

I have paresthesia in all my limbs which has gotten significantly worse in the last month (hot and cold flooding my extremities, prickling, anaesthetic-like tingling, pins and needles, low level burning), and  I’ve started getting sensation in skin all over my body.  Also suffering with chronic headache, nausea, loose stool, elevated heart awareness, palpitations, dry mouth, dry hands, episodic lightheadedness, exercise intolerance, recurrent balanitis

Diagnosed with:

- unspecified anemia

- neutropenia 

- low HbA1c 

- small intestine bacterial overgrowth (treated with rifaximin, initially helped diarrhoea, all other symptoms remained the same). 

- moderate depression

Tests that have come back normal:

- vitamin B12

- vitamin D

- calcium 

- iron

- ferritin

- folate

- potassium

- sodium

- non fasting glucose

- TSH

- ANA

- IgA

- MRI of brain and neck

- nerve conduction studies 

- stool sample 

My symptoms are getting progressively worse, most notably  my IBS like symptoms and the nerve pain. I feel no closer to diagnosis, and am completely at a loss as to the nature of my condition. Nothing I can find anywhere seems to fit my problem, given I’ve had so much ruled out. 

I have the possibility of seeing a haematologist privately in the coming months, but beyond that, I’m between a rock and a hard place. I’m a write off as far as my GP is concerned. 

Your guesses are as good as mine 😄

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Ok, so what changed two years ago?  Did you move?  Travel?  Remodel?  New job?  Anything medical?  I’m just curious. You sound like you’re toxic to something.  It sounds crazy but I had the same symptoms and I was diagnosed with Lyme disease and put on a antibiotic. I don’t believe today I ever had Lyme disease. I also had a positive ANA and went into “auto immune”(which again, I believe is all toxicity). I had NUMEROUS test(conventional and off the wall) all came back that I was basically toxic and not detoxing well, which in turn was causing all these crazy symptoms!  My health did not improve until I changed some stuff in my environment and started eating all organic and clean, and detoxing(with supplements, sauna, etc). I’m 95% better today.  It took over a year. It sounds crazy and I get it but when you have weird stuff happening you start to really study and dive into your health. I spent tens of thousands of dollars but I’m better today. I would say a conventional Dr will begin to tell you, you are stressed. I would find a functional medical Dr if it’s been going on 2 yrs. Functional Dr’s find the cause and don’t just treat the symptoms, which in turn causes more issues, especially if you are not detoxing well!  Best of luck!
  • Posted

Go to National Institute of Health(NIH) website & send them email describing ur condition then search their clinical study listings. Then send email to Mayo Clinic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.