Medical Phobia and symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, I've been reading all the symptoms of Peri and I have them all apart from flushing/flashing. (I suppose the Gods decided to spare me one). 

I'm sitting here riddled with anxiety because every symptom I have freaks me out.  I am TERRIFIED of Doctors and hospitals etc., so avoid them. I have a health anxiety. 

I get this niggling pain in my right ovary. I have it now. Then it goes away. I'm so scared. I also suffer from IBS type symptoms so wondering if it is that in fact. (Flatulence). Ugh. I feel that if you are scared of the Docs then there is no where to go right? Any help would be appreciated. xxx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that! I too have the same issues.. my anxiety is off the roof when I feel my body acting weird or when I feel pain here and there and don't know what it can be. I am suffering from vertigo now and been to the ER already and it drives me insane and I get a panic attack because I get so dizzy! And What your experiencing sounds like It's Digestive issues! I have IBS myself and I know with perimenopause it gets really bad! Drink some chamomile tea to help calm you down and settle the stomach pains. Good luck and prayers lifted! 🙏🏼

• Posted

Thank you so much for your answer Trishann it helps so much. The bloating is so bad. I really look 9 month pregnant. How on earth do we deal with that? I don't go out anymore it's too embarrassing. Big hugs to you and thank you. xx

• Posted

Sorry I got cut off on my internet, but I meant to say I hope you feel better soon. I would also panic if I got dizzy. I got dizzy once and now I have a phobia of being dizzy. (It never ends loll). 
  • Posted

Hi callianne like you I have every symptom going apart from the flushes the latest one being shooting pains in my back especially in between my shoulder blades and the middle of my back one goes hen another symptom and every little niggle seems to intensify especially anxiety my thing at the moment is my morbidity because im 54 im constantly worrying I know theres nothing I can do about it i keep telling my self im going to have a big party to celebrate when this dreaded thing has gone xx
    • Posted

Hi Sue, I am also 54, I'm finding 54 being tough! Ugh I'll come to your party, because I have heard it DOES get better?? xx hugs

• Posted

You are not alone, I avoid the doctors as well smile  I find it much easier to go to a naturopath, they don't give scary news, but they do help you get what you need to get through it.  I used to get ovary pain early on ...in my early forties.  I just told myself they were part and parcel of life at this stage.  I also have learned to hold the belief that nothing will kill me until God decides my time is up...and He chose that day before I was born.  He also will not let anything kill me until that day.  It has really helped me, I hope that thought helps you as well.  As a woman of faith, it gives me great comfort to know that His pla is the perfect plan, period!

• Posted

You are so right indifferent! I need to remember that as well.
    • Posted

That's it totally, they don't give scary news. smile 

I used to have faith, perhaps I need to put myself back into faith somehow. Thank you xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.