Medical report

Posted , 3 users are following.

I received my medical report from esa assesment and as i was put in support group i thought i would send the report off to pip.

Pip have me down as standard daily living and standard mobility.

I cant walk anymore than 5 steps without stopping due to pain.

Anyway i sent the medical records off to pip hoping they might look at the records and higher my claim for mobility.

This was a month ago and havent even heard a thing off them not even a no thanks it does not make a difference. Do they answer back even if its no. I know they received the forms it sent it registered mail and it was received the next day.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Being put in the Support Group really has no bearing on the PIP descriptors.

For a start, the walking distances are different.

ESA 

1.  Mobilising unaided by another person with or without a walking stick, manual wheelchair or other aid if such aid can reasonably be used.

Cannot either

(i)  mobilise more than 50 metres on level ground without stopping in order to avoid significant discomfort or exhaustion 

or

(ii)  repeatedly mobilise 50 metres within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion.

PIP

e. Can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres, either aided or unaided.  12 points.

f. Cannot, either aided or unaided, –

(i) stand; or

(ii) move more than 1 metre.  12 points.

At the end of the day you will have to prove that you cannot walk more than the 15 metres that you say are your limit.

• Posted

I was placed in the Support Group eventually  on the basis that I could not mobilise more than 50 metres.

I then was awarded High Mobility as I had a report from hospital after having carried out a walking test with the OT that showed my maximum was in fact 30 metres. 

When PIP came along I knew that I would certainly not get the Enhanced mobility element as the distance has to be up to 20 metres - 10 less than what the consultant said back in 2010.

So I saved myself the time and trouble and didn't take up the option to move over to PIP. 

• Posted

Thats what im saying though i can only walk 5 steps then i have to stop
    • Posted

Yes I understand, but you will have to show proof that that is the case. You cannot rely on the ESA assessment or the fact that you are in the Support Group.

I can only walk in reality without experiencing pain and having to stop is maybe 5/10 metres, but unfortunately my only evidence is from 2010 when I was measured at 30 metres. as that evidence is now 6 years old it is useless. Using my ESA assessment from 2010 and the DLA one in 2011 when they accepted that it was less than 50 metres would hold no water as far as the DWP are concerned when testing under PIP.

• Posted

I heard back from pip this morning they are reassesing my pip based on the medical evidence sent in and will let me know asap wether it changes my pip

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.