Medical supplies to keep on hand when breakout occur

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been using tea tree, pride, extra sensitive large bandaids an gauze pads. What do yall keep on hand when 1: you notice the breakout 2: when it actually bust 3: pain management

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have use it but I'm trying coconut oil to. With this skin disease you have to try new things.

• Posted

I always keep on hand everything you listed except pride. I don't know what that is.  There's always hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, cotton balls, and lavender essential oil in my bathroom cupboard too.  I truly hate the smell of tea tree but it does work so well for HS.  Sometimes I use my lavender essential oil to mask the smell of tea tree. When I notice a breakout, I swab tea tree and/or lavender EO on it, using cotton balls or Q-Tips.  When it busts, a lot of soapy water to clean my skin. Then I wipe the actual boils with tea tree EO or hydrogen peroxide.  I have never really liked to shower but instead prefer to bath.  When I notice potential flareups, I add quite a bit of Epsom salts to my bath water.  

• Posted

Add zinc pills to your diet, you'll be amazed how few times you get flare-ups, I got two so far this year, before the zinc I had full-time HS, always a boil coming, while some was on the way out... etc. Horrible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.