medication

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi.ive been on amytripline 25mg for 6 month due to nerve pain worked well for pain but gave me rapid heart rate stopped taking medication a week ago no more eapid heart rate as anybody else experienced this

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Have to admit darren I havent and I've been taking them like you for nerve pain for years.
    • Posted

thanks for reply matron i think i maybe supersensitive to this medication because it all seems to have stopped now plus iam more alert but it did shift the pain glad they are working for you
  • Posted

You could be sensitive to the drug. All medication has side effects and there's no way it can suit everyone. You've probably been very unlucky.
  • Posted

yes my neuro said iam more than likely sensitive to amitrip see him again on december 5th so see if there is a alternative thanks both for replying
    • Posted

Hi Darren.  I am just coming off amitripyline after being on them for 13 years or so.... I have tachicardia with a resting heart rate usually over 100bps, and it has been high for many years.  I think my sleeping problems are because of the higher heartrate, and am now weaning off 20mg ami onto valerian (nitol), which is known to slow the heart rate down. So I am taking only 10mg ami and one nitol each eve for a few weeks then just nitol for a while to see what happens.So far I have had a couple of nights better sleep I think, but have been a bit tired and wired during the day, much to the amusement of my workmates.
    • Posted

were beginning think it just may be me mine were running at 100bp and when mobile was about 130 were like this for ages then decided quit myself beating at 70 and 90 now plus iam more alert,hope you manage get yours under control its quite uncomfortable when heart rates going at speed even when resting
    • Posted

It must be scary though and not something you can control when it happens. If the side effect isn't listed on the drug information you can, as a patient report it through a website. Can't remember the address but easy to find if you Google it.
    • Posted

it is on side effect list fast rapid heart rate lol iam on other meds also but been on them since 2010 but never had problems.maybe amitrip doesnt mix to well with others so fingers crossed no more rapid heart rate but hello nerve pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.