medication

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone who is on Warfarin advise please, I know if you should need antibiotics it can increase the effect of warafrin and to get INR checked.

but I have been trying to find out if the same applies to Prednisolone (steroids)  if you are precribed them for a new condition, I have asked the question of the right people and all I keep getting is should be alright or not sure. they have been prescribed to me just for 5 days. I asked the consultant who prescribed them all he said was can't see a problem.

Thanks  Linda.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda

I take a different type of anticoagulant (Plavix) BUT if you look on line type in google drug interactions,,,you will come to one or 2 websites which will tell you what would conflict with your warfarin..try it I use it all the time to see what I can and can not take

good luck

Debbie

• Posted

Thanks Debbie,

I will take a look, I must sound a right numpty but have have a comprimised immune system so I don't only have to deal with what I can and can't have with the warfarin, I have to deal with that to.

Thank you

LInda

• Posted

Hi Linda,  have you checked with your chemist,  they are up to date with all the info.

I have found the pharmacies are easier to deal with and give you the correct information. 

Regards,

Moira.

• Posted

Hi Moria,

Thanks for replying, I did try my Pharmacist as she is ususlly very good and has given me very good advice in the past, but she seems to shy away with anything to do with Warfarin, I will try a different one.

Thank you

Linda.

• Posted

Hi Linda

My consultant told me that a more modern drug to Warfarin which did not need monitoring blood tests was Dabigatran. I've been on this for over a year along with Bisoprolol with good results.

Don

• Posted

Thanks Don,

I am also on Bisoporol, I did ask my GP about Dabigatran, as I really am not happy on warafarin, and he said it wasn't suitable for everyone,

when I googled it I found out why they cost £58 for 28 tablets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda.

• Posted

It isn't suitable for you, probably, because your GP doesn't want to spend that much out of his financial allocation! I must have a much more generous GP!

Don

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.