Medication

Posted , 9 users are following.

Who is taking what medicine and is that helping them?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I have tried several over the years. The only one that has worked for me is zoloft. I do have some minor side effects but the positive outweighs the negative.
    • Posted

Before Zoloft did you experienced with others what are they
  • Posted

Hi Max

I take 1 mg of Klonopin 3 times a day and it's amazing. I have no anxiety at all. Been on it for 30 years

I also started taking lamictal 100 mg a day for ptsd and depression and it really helps

How about you

Regards

Mary

• Posted

I also take 0.5 kloponin sometimes at night

I'm on paxil 10mg I don't feel good I feel like s**t

• Posted

Hi Max

Maybe the dr could increase both meds for you. Just a thought

Hugs

Mary

• Posted

Max

There are quite  few medications they can give. What you are asking is what do you take and how well they work on you ?

The reply is everyone is different what suits on will not suit  another. Medications are prescribed under the direction of your GP, He/She needs to take into consideration, not only a suitable medication also He needs to consider any other medications and conditions you may have.

BOB

• Posted

I am on 170 mg of loprofatine and 15  mg of mirtazapine .I went to see a member of the mental health team who says they are completely not right for me .I have already had a list as long as your arm  of anti depressants over the years that has nt worked and I have kept telling my doctor I’m taking these drugs for nothing (cos god help me if they are working what I would be without them) I’m waiting to see what a physiatrist has to say .Please let it be a miracle pill I just want to feel OK not ecstatically happy just OK not a lot to ask is it ? ?????
  • Posted

We are all different, also your GP may need to choose one that suite you. The same with the hospital they need to make informed choices. I have been on my medication for ten years, what suits me may not be any good for you

BOB

• Posted

Hey Max, yeah i'm taking cipramil 30mg and sometime zopiclone 7.5 mg if I cant sleep. The cipramil helps a lot!! I highly recommend it

• Posted

also propranolol is a good medication I am told, it's a beta blocker and also helps with anxiety. I haven't tried it yet but i hope to try it one day soon smile

• Posted

Oh, I was prescribed propranolol for migraine prevention, didn't realize it can help with anxiety... Although I've just had a really bad episode.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.