Medication

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladys I've just been prescribed a medication called Lymecycline it's a antibiotic my dermatologist said it could help with this never ending flare of LP of the lady bits have any of you had any success using this medication she said I can take this for two months

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Never thought antibiotic could help with a LP flare anywhere ! If the lesions get infected then an antibiotic would surely help I suppose!

• Posted

I have just been prescribed an antibiotic for a UTI so would hope that would help with LP although I am still not convinced that that is what I have. GP says it is, Gni did not say differently but as far as I can see, and I do look, there is just this awful redness and no other marks. Perhaps I will have to bite the bullet and pay out for a private Dermatologist. I am now on Dermovate which I have been told to apply for 3 months. Has anyone any advice.

• Posted

I don't think a antibiotic for uti will help LP I get the redness as well mines not clearing up and I've tried different steroid creams so this antibiotic is the next step I do think you should ask to be seen by a dermatologist they will know what you have if not they will do a biopsy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.