Medication anxiety 😒

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys! After a long period of chronic stress endured after losing my mom to cancer and all the horrors that come with it and after my loss. I have been experiencing the WORST anxiety ever in my life. 1000 times worse than when she was sick and dying. Imagine how that is even possible. The slightest bit of upset or worry sends my body into a full blown adrenaline attack. Its just as intense as if say someone where holding a gun to your head (except obviously im not in any real danger.) 80% of my day i feel as jittery as someone would after injesting 10 caffeine pills. It is the worst feeling in the world.

The intensity of this anxiety has caused me to avoid leaving the house bc I am terrified to experience this level of adrenaline/ panic while say driving or out in public. Whats really frustrating is that its not something that I can control as i have been able to previously.

I have suffered anxiety for years but ive never, ever experienced this constant full blown panic feeling. Previously, my anxiety would reach say a 7 or 8 and i could use breathing techniques, distracting techniques or even talk myself down. But This anxiety is like 0 to 60 within a second and theres nothing i can do to stop it, i have to just ride it out. I dont understand it and have started to obsess about it which i know only feeds it and makes it worse.

Anyways, I have 10 mg lexapro here but of course I am TERRIFIED to try it bc i am afraid it will worsen the anxiety. At first I told myself that the pill cant possibly make me feel any worse than u do now (so what do ya got to lose..?l) but then of course thanks to google and reading up on other peoples experiences, It appears it actually could make me feel worse. My anxiety is so bad that i dont believe i could even sit still in the waiting room of the doctors office to get new meds if this one doesnt work to take the edge off. That thought is paralyzing me with such fear that i am now petrified of trying.

During Moms illness i did go on celexa. It worked AMAZING. Difference between then and now is that when i first started that med my mom was still alive and just the thought of her presence comforted me tremendously so i didnt fear anything bad happening bc i knew my mom would have taken care of me. Now, I dont have that security or sense of comfort. I have people to help me if something goes wrong but not a single one that i would feel comfortable with like my mom. With anyone else i would feel like a total freak.

The point and purpose of this post i guess is that i need some good prespective to counter all this fear i have of taking the medication. I am suffering terribly and am desperate. This is worse than when my mom was dying. This is mental hell. I can deal with every other side effect. Give me explosive diarrhea, take away my sex drive.. You can have it in exchange for calmness. What i cant handle is the pill intensifying this anxiety. Any suggestions or words of wisdom, positive vibes.. much appreciated. ❤

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So sorry about your mom!I lost mine when I was a teenSye was killed by a drunk driver on a Sunday morning leaving church of all things.If the celexa worked well before have you considered trying it again?You can also start the lexapro at smaller than 10 mg by breaking the pill in half.I know some people do that.I would run it by your doc and see if you can start smaller since you are fearful!I took celexa for five years after a miscarriage and it was perfect!I got weaned off during my last pregnancy and my anxiety came back ten fold two years later so here I am.I tried celexa again but I could not handle it like before!I lasted two days on it!Dont know why!So I am trying Prozac but started really low..Good luck and hugs to you!!Your mom is still there for you and wanting the best for you I am sure she wouldn't want you to be fearful!Start small and work your way up,one day at a time

• Posted

This sounds like how I was exactly the past 10 months! Sorry for the loss of your mum Hun. I've always had anxiety to but after a 8 year domestic violence relationship when I finally split with him and he was sent to jail because of it I had the worst anxiety that would cripple me in bed and I have 2 small children. I went on Prozac 40mg for 6 months first 2 weeks horrible side effects I thought I'd end up in a mental ward and it didn't really work then I changed to lexipro I'm currently on 20mg and seeing a psyc and feeling better every week but still not myself I'm still anxious and have good and bad days but the good days are enough for me to have faith because I havnt had them in almost a year. I also am scared of medication but my anxiety was so bad I had no choice. It stopped me from working and driving and I'm slowly starting to drive again! Push through it Hun u will get there but there's no quick fix remember that. If u need a friend u can inbox me.

• Posted

I was on Lezapro and my husband is still. No sex drive kills it, but that is like a lot of antidepressions. Lexapro did not work for me mad me want to sleep all the time not motivation. It makes my husband very lazy and spaced out. He said he was going to get off of it cuz he can't be spaced out like that. Go to the doctor and see if he can put you back on Celexa .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.