Medication anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently been prescribed Doxycycline for a Sinus infection, since I started taking them yesterday I've had terrible chest pains, nausea and dizziness so of course my anxious mind is working overtime and I'm now thinking I've got heart problems and I'm going to die!!! The side effects of the medication does mention indigestion issues and upset stomach but I'm still thinking the worst!!

Can anyone help?? I'm losing it

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Laura.

I know the feeling my doctors has prescribed anti depressants and I try ones and I got the worse side effects I thought at the moment that I will go crazy. My doctor is still saying that I have to take it to get better but I am still afraid. I hope that you will get better soon. smile

• Posted

I was on that last year for a really bad sinus and ear infection and had the same thing happen!! It was so bad I literally had to sit on the floor because I thought I was going to pass out .... When I asked the doctor she said it wasn't from that antibiotic but probably just vertigo from inner ear or just my anxiety as I hate taking anything new. It was weird and I've been freaked out about it ever since but I'm still here lol.. Anxiety keeps telling me to wait for that feeling again sad

I had other med changes going on at the time do not really sure what caused such intense symptoms ...

I would call your doctor anyway and let them know.

• Posted

I've only got to take them until next Tuesday do I'll try and stick it out!!

One of the symptoms of sinus problems is dizziness/vertigo so that mixed with my anxiety and medication xx

• Posted

That's one antibiotic that I can't take, because it increases my anxiety tremendously. I can be anxiety free, but within a half hour of taking doxycycline I'm in a full blown panic attack.

• Posted

Thats a strong antibiotic.might not be for you.  give your gp a call. I once got sick from a zpack with weird stuff. Maybe something effective but lighter like augmentin (amoxillin  clauvanate) would be suffice. Ask the gp.
    • Posted

Thankyou for your reply.

I'll call the GP later and see if the side effects are normal.

I've got a chiropractor appointment next week too so she can look at my neck as it's constantly in pain, all anxiety related I'm sure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.