Medication...any one with same problem

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi every one...just wondering if any one out there is having the same problem has myself.....i have suffered badly for a lot of years....from hiatus hernia ...and reflux disease...i was put on pump.inhibitors....and all though i.tried so.many different brands... I.ended up with severe stomach pains...so.was taken off...and put onto.zantac 150s......which suited my needs ...and been on them for a long time.....recently i was told that these were not been manufactured....so had to.use the ones sold over the counter......which are no.good for my needs...so.i.suffer each day from terrible reflux...and soreness in my stomach....and have days of resting....i have been informed...that the Zantac 150, s i am told that the 150 zantac are been sold on.line....if you can get a prescription from.yourDr....but they are quite expensive....but my surgery does not seem happy for me to.do.this....wondering if there are

others out there who.was on zantac 150.....who. Is like myself getting it prescribed....is a nightmare.....i am told it is widely available inother countries.....so.wondering why not here?....seems very strange....my Dr hasctried to get me other meds...which worked same has Zantac...but also.drew a blank.there has well....at the moment i.am taking Gaviscon advance...and the Zantac 75......but not working...so.suffering quite a lot.......just wondering if its just....West Yorkshire....or other locations where its been stopped....thank.you..... Worth checking..

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

Is Zantac 75 where 1 tablet has 75mg?

How many do u take?

• Posted

Hi Katerina....beautiful name!!....when i.was on Zantac 150, i took 2 a day....one morning ...one night.....then they just stopped ...no.explanation has to why....then i had to.take the Zantac you buy over the counter....was told that they were only 75mg...so was told to.take 2 morning ...and 2 at night...to.make up.to the 150...i took with the Zantac which each tablet was 150mg...but they d id not work.has well..or stop reflux....so i had also to.take Gaviscon Double action has well....twice a day.....but still.not wonderful....i have had very bad reflux for over 6weeks....so i.am.going to.ask to.try Ranatidine 150s.....see if they work.better.....than the Zantac 75s....because my reflux has become a real.problem.....i think.that if your reflux is mild ,they wouldd work....but i.have hsd it a very long timewas given ... it while giving birth...by a very rough handeling by staff..... suffered ever since.....Shirley.

• Posted

Thank u.

Parents chose well, lol. X

Its such a shame that u dont respond to over the counter ones well. The active ingredience should be the same.

Speaking to doctor us the best idea.

Hope they prescribe something which helps as reflux is not pleasant.

Are u doing other things such as food avoidance, loose clothe, not going bed too soon after food, not sleeping flat?

Im guessing u probably are as 6yrs with reflux is a long experience.

• Posted

Shirley, Get your Doctor to prescribe Ranitidine 150mg

This is the same as Zantac (actually it is Zantac)

Should not be a problem and will be a lot cheaper than the brand name med.

• Posted

Hi James....Thank you for that tip....hopefully if i can get an appointment ....i will.be seeing the Dr.....tomorrow....so will ask.him...do not think.that he will refuse ....because hecdid not have a clue...what to.replace the Zantac with.....very strange..why suddenly the Zantac dissapeared .....no.warning at all....even pharmacies were not warned....but itbcan be obtained from abroad...can be bought in Spain...and other countries.....must be something to.do with the manafacturer..or taken off by the powers that be......will.Ranitidine a go...better than suffering......many thanks...

• Posted

Hi Shirley,

I was having the same problem as you. Nothing was working. Finally my GI Doc just prescribed Dexilant Dr 60 MG. It's expensive but it's working like a charm in just 2 days. I have my fingers crossed it continues, but I am excited that I might finally have something here. Give it a try, can't be any worse that what you have been doing. Happy Holidays and best of luck.

Bill

• Posted

Thank you so.very much ...for telling me that....will.have a word with my Dr. Trouble is if it is a pump.inhibitor...i dont do.well.on them..allergic to.every one i.have tried...so.far.....the Zantthe only i could take....with out problems........but i will ask about the one you mention...and see what my Dr says....i.have felt really awful.for a few weeks...and its put my life on hold.....soon has i.woke up this morning..i. felt really sick.....i. Dont be sick.......its just a feeling...very unpleasant.....i also.heart burn.....and burning mouth....any thing is worth a try.....i was fine with Zantac...then soon has it became unavailable......got all.these awful.symptoms....day after day.......thank.you for telling me about what you are taking.....will.check.it out.....take care.....Shirley

• Posted

Hallo Bill....just been on to my Dr,s to.get an appointment...to.see him.... Not easy!!..would have a better chance of getting to.see the Queen.....that bad at that surgery...have to phone in the morning....early for an appointment....and might be lucky if i.get a sit and wait one......i will tell him about what you are taking....and see what he says......hopefully he might give me it to.try......i have been suffering weeks....and got no.where with them....i.have had the hiatus a lot of years.....it was caused by a so.called Dr....and staff....pressing too.hard on my upper stomach...when i.was in child birth....the muscle that seperates stomach from.chest cavity got torn......hiatus hernia ever since.....was not too.bad with my diet....and the zantac.....

but when it became unavailable....i. started to.suffer.....which has got worse....has time has gone on.....bought Gaviscon double action....because it is not on prescription.......and they gave me prescription for the 75mg tablets ...Zantac....

sold over the counter....does not work on me....so suffer daily....fingers crossed...he might relent and let me try ....what you are on.. Thank you for telling me...take care too...its an horrible problem....glad you found some thing to.help you....hope you have a good Christmas.....all the Best....Shirley

• Posted

Shirley, i dont understand why your doctor cant give you prescription for 150mg Zantac. Is it one of the drugs you are expected to buy yourself due to cutbacks ? Zantac is just the brand name for Ranitadine which you can buy at £1 a pack of 75mg per tablet, you will find them in some pound stores or B & M and many other cheap shops.

• Posted

Hello

Zantac is just a brand of Ranitidine. I don't understand why your GP has not prescribed Ranitidine 150. I was put on that after a bad reaction to Lansoprazole and Omeprazole.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.