Medication different brand. Don’t think it’s working as well

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been on paroxetine 20mg for 4 months for anxiety and mild depression. it has been wonderful and i have got my life back and more. 2 days ago i got my prescription and it was different packaging and the tablet is a different shape. i have not felt so good these past couple of days. old anxiety symptoms are creeping back. wondering if it could be because its a different brand or just a coincidnce. any advice would be much appreciated thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I could relate to this. My dr prescribed me with lexapro. I was once having very good days but one brand then after i took another brand, is totally different. Can you try to ask your pharmacy to give you back the old one? the one you usually took .

• Posted

Check with the pharmacy or go on line and Google the name of the medicine. Same medicine comes in all colors and shape depending who manufacture them. I had the same experience a couple of times. Good luck, god bless.

• Posted

I can't tell if this is 100% true in your case, but my doctor said that a different brand doesn't change the effect in my case. Most of the time it's a placebo when you're worrying about it. Anyway, if I was in your position I would worry as well. Maybe you could do some research to it yourself and find it out. You can find everything on the Internet:) You can always ask you're doc too if you can't find and you still worry about it. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.