Medication feedback

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all so I made the decision to start sertraline today. I am a little worried about the side effects but I'm that bad with health anxiety that I can't seem to get past how I am feeling at the moment. Has anyone tried sertraline and found they improved?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Yes I am a worrier and not good at taking pills. I am one of the people who read side effects and have them as soon as I take the pill. (I know I bring this on myself )

However I took the plunge in July and started Sertaline, yes I had side effects but I managed through them. Four months on I have ME back. I'm still struggling with driving aline far distances but getting there

Don't worry honey you will be just fine. You doc wouldn't have given you these if they didn't think they would work. Keep yourself busy and make sure you drink alot of fluids avoid alcohol and relax when you can. Listen to your body...

Good luck and the journey is so worth it I promise!!

• Posted

My spouse is a worrier also...   How long did you see a difference?   He was taking something else BUT read all the side effects and claimed that he was having the same issues and stopped taking it..   We are now trying this one..   I hope it goes OK---  we are on day 5..
  • Posted

Be patient with your medication it will take a period of time to work well.

Good Luck, Keep a Hold

B.

• Posted

My husband just started this...  You have to give it time..  The first week or so 'they' say could be an adjustment.

• Posted

Thanks all for your replies. Well it's 2 days in and I've had a bad stomach this morning. Don't know whether it's the tablets or anxiety causing it but I feel like a nervous wreck it's horrible. Going to carry on with my sertraline and hope it improves but I just don't like how I am feeling at the moment xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.