medication for anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had panic/anxiety attacks since I was in my teens,  Is there anything lese I could be taking on a daily basis to curb the attacks?  I'm 55 years old and I need to have something besides Xanax.  The attcks are more frequent.  There has got to be something I can take that calms me on a continuous basis.  I can't take anti-depresants as they seem to make it worse.  I have been on alot of different anti-depressants to no avail.  Thank you to anyone who can help.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi you say you can't take antidepressants have you tried mirtazipine ? Yes this an antidepressant but it works differently to other ssris with less side effects it's good for anxiety depression and sleep I have just been put on this I can't tolerate ssris they too make me much worse maybe it's worth looking into 💐
    • Posted

Hi louise, Have u tried limectal actually Limectal is a wonder drug it is in the anti psycotic family however Dr.'s in the states are using it for anxiety depression with great effects. It is being used by Dr. that can't find an anti depressant that works for their patients.My girlfriend had tried every drug for depression for many years and she has a twin sister that had the same depression and no drugs worked for the twin either. My friends husband is a Dr. so he tried his wife on Limectal and miracle it worked for her after searching most of her adult life finally something worked and it was a miracle for her twin sister also. Have u asked ur Dr. about a mood stabilizer to take? They are very effective.
  • Posted

Hi Susan. I take Buspirone 10mg three times a day for my anxiety. It certainly helps. Sure I have bad days, but not as bad as before.x
  • Posted

Hi Susan,

I was just wondering if there is a link between your panic attacks and an event?

I am sure you will have considered things like meditation etc to calm youself. Have you tried the herbal 'Rescue remedy'? I am just wondering because sometimes when it feels like the drugs don't work it can be powerful to create your own tool kit. I am veggie and have added nut oil and tried to reduce my sugar intake to reduce the 'fuel' in my body to reduce the likelihood of an attack. Obviously check everything with your doctor.

Also, did you ever try Pregabalin - I think you can have it up to 4x a day, so keeping you topped up at regular intervals - I take it twice though I am not convinced it works for me. For others it seems great.

All the best. L

• Posted

Klonopin lasts all day versus xanax. Speak to your doctor. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.