Medication Side effect?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey.

I Started  taking FLUXOTINE just over a week ago.

and I seem to be having a problem Ejaculating

Is this common? will it go away in time or should i speak to my GP

Thank You.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Robert,

Sorry to say that a lot of SSRI medications like Fluoxetine can have an effect on ejaculation. I expect you have no problem getting an erection but even that desire might have slackened off. When it comes to ejeaculation it can take longer and cause frustration. Mention it to your GP just so your mind is at rest and the side effect noted. Sorry I couldn't give better news, I know how you feel

David

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.

My Erections are fine, just like normal, and yes it does get fustrating as it takes a long time - I Was never quick at ejaculating, but now it takes forever.

Thank you once again! sad 

• Posted

The SSRIs take about 2-8 weeks to take full effect, they are good but they do have side effects that stabilise with time
  • Posted

Some SSRI do have this side affect - I had orgasm problems and was switched over from one to Effexor . Effexor didn't have  this effect on me so stuck with it and now withdrawing from it after 10 years and 50 lbs later. You may have to talk to your GP and switch to another. Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.