medications that effect vitamins /minenerals

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi , should doctors recommend taking some form of vitamins/minerals when they take medication , q10 for statins ,zinc for ace inhibitors , ext ext , some of the medications cause more harm than good , aspirin low dose ,  

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

They would if it was incentivised like writing out prescriptions for statins, type two diabetic meds, hypertensives and so on.  All the thresholds for most of the common illnesses have been lowered over the last two decades, and the population as a whole take far more drugs than is necessary or given the benefits.  So ask your GP if he has reached his targets or incentives and been paid/rewarded by the government for prescribing Statins??  I don’t think all GPs are target driven, but my mum is on statins - no longer avostatin which caused her a great deal of pain.  I would have her off all of her drugs personally, but it is not my choice and she is scared now, having had a stroke.  But it is my opinion statins have made her far worse, her pain is greater, her moods are lower and her irritability is increasing, she is shouting more and it is not like her at all.  I think her GP practice is negligent in prescribing these agressive drugs to an 87 year old woman who does not even have high cholesterol and probably because it meets some target or incentive that earns the practice money.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.