Medicine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, 

I was wondering, does anyone know if anti depressants or any pill helps intrusive thoughts? Does taking a pill make it go away or no? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicole are you actually taking meds at the moment or are you just considering asking for something to help you cope with these thoughts.

When you say intrusive do you mean suicidal thoughts, if you don't mind me asking how old are you

• Posted

Hi Alexandria, 

I’m not taking meds at the moment but maybe I’ll consider them. I had very bad violent thoughts for weeks and now I’m having thoughts about me turning gay but i know I’m not but my brain won’t stop thinking about it constantly. I know it might sound bizzare to you but idk why my brain latches onto the most random things. 

• Posted

Not taking meds might be the right thing for you.

Actually thinking your gay tells me your probably under 25 and to be honest I personally can't see that as a problem, I don't honestly think their are many men or women that don't at some point in their youth think or wonder if their gay, some will actually go so far as to dabble with it which gives them a sense of finalisation, I am or I am not, primary bisexual.

I don't think having thoughts about this sort of thing is unusual or even part of a mental illness.

Do you have any other things that are playing on your mind

• Posted

Sorry Nicole I'm sorry but I posted a reply and as you can see it's been put on hold while they moderate it.

Hopefully it won't take long.

• Posted

Hi, in my opinion, anti psychotics help in taking away bad thoughts. I take Abilify, for example, which is an anti psychotic that helps with bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and depression.  I really love it, and it HAS helped take away intrusive thoughts that I was dealing with. I was prescribed Risperidone many years ago, which just made me feel very tired... I didn’t like it. Hope I helped yousmile !
    • Posted

Okay thank you! How long does it take to actually start working?? Do you feel any different? 
  • Posted

I agree with sickgirl....i've been on clopxial and susteena invega both work great.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.