MEDILINK SALTS DUNDEE

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, everyone has anybody had problems with Medilink Salts Dundee. I placed an order on 16th December 2019, didn't receive order, I was down to one ostomy bag left and one I had on. I was told by Medilink staff member they didn't have any drivers and i would have to wait til Monday. My father phoned my GP sugery on xmas eve, they said they didn't recieve repeat prescription from Medilink. Then, Medlink phoned me back saying they will get driver to deliver my order this Friday.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I'm so sorry you are in this position.

I'm trying to think of a solution for you as its totally unacceptable to leave you without enough supplies like this.

The only thing I can think of is does hospital where you had your surgery have a contact number you could ring and explain whats happened? I attend a dayunit attached to the gastroenterology ward for infusions and they would be able to advise or locate some ostomy bags in a situation like this even if it means borrowing from another ward department or theatre etc maybe someone could go to collect them for you or there is oncall pharmacy who may dispense some due to the circumstances and the lack of help from your gp surgery, to see you through in the event the driver doesn't turn up.

I hope you get some soon this should never happen.

Take care

• Posted

Hi, Rose my father phoned Ninewells Hospital Dundde IBS helpline but they were closed. So he phoned main reception they put him through The Gastro Clinic they don't any supplies. Nurse from GP Surgery said they put prescription to boots in the city centre. MY dad went down for them.

They suggested phoning NHS 24 for district Nurse to come out and cut ostomy bags for fiiting. They are not easy too cut. The district nurse refused to come out because Im' not housebound. My dad contacted NHS 24 again they spoke to there boos he phoned King Cross the district nurse came out cut my bags. Was very upsetting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.