Meditation

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all, i have tried meditation so many times and just cant quite in to it. i have heard so many good things about it so wonder if anyone has any advice? i seem to jut get frustrated and bored. have tried calm and headspace app but not too keen.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I use mindfullness and insight timer apps.

Mindfullness has a free app but I purchased the $60 a year by accident. It has a lot more sessions but the free one is good as well.

It takes a lot of practice and you truly have to be in a quiet place with no distractions and somewhere you can be very comfortable.

Its still very hard for me so I also use TAPPING which is good for stress and anxiety. It works with you tapping on your meridian points or pressure points while saying phrases about what your trying to gain out of it. I have to be honest i thought it was a crock of BS when I first tried it but like meditation I needed to practice.

I use the "Tapping Solutions" app which is free unless you upgrade for the more intense tapping options.

• Posted

The meditation is hard when your fighting bad anxiety. When my anxiety is very high I will try Tapping first to get myself to calm down.

Then do meditation.

• Posted

Hi there, i think that meditation is the way forward. however........I know that when you feel anxious and depressed its the last thing you want to do! I have tried for years and have failed to commit to it even though I think it would help me enormously. Tapping is something I found out about last year. I was rather sceptical about it but tried it and felt it actually helping calm me down. the thing that makes it easier is the tapping action which gives you a focus instead of just closing your eyes and trying to meditate. i also got the Tapping Solution app, just the free one to start.

i think its worth a go. the other thing is having patience with the medication. I think i had hoped that after a few weeks i would wake up feeling brilliant and got impatient with it. I am now on week 9 of setraline and have started to feel just a slight change in my outlook. its minimal but its there and so i will carry on and trust that in a few more weeks the improvement will increase. It is a slow journey but really doubt there are any quick ways of changing your brain for the better. Hang on in there.

• Posted

thanks so much for your replies. Glad its not just me that has problems meditating! its so difficult with anxiety and depression. i will give this tapping thing a try! never heard of it!

agree it takes meds time and i am seeing a big difference now (started in august) even having to deal with the end of a relationship and heartache i am feeling so much better than i was a few months ago. im waiting for CBT at the moment and think meditation would be great. really want to feel good long term. good luck to you all and thanks again 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.