Meds

Posted , 5 users are following.

Started meds and having weird side affects. Nothing to worry about since ive had worse. The meds are working. Althoygh they make me panicky which supposedly is normal. Only been on them for 1 week so still working. They are suppose to kick in at about 4 - 6 weeks so i still got ways to go. But ive been having really clamy hands wich i can live with. But also i have been having mild shakes here and there. My anxiety tends to rise at night to which makes me not sleep very well. Is this expected. Will it go away. Just need some advice and encouragement . 😁

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes it will go away! I am on week 5 of my increase and the side effects are pretty much gone. I hate the clammy hands and increased anxiety. I had some good days and some bad days so just accept the bad day for what it is it will pass and the next day will be better!!
  • Posted

Hey,

I'm in a similar position, just about to up my meds after the first week. I have very sweaty hands and trouble sleeping because I'm worrying about work which is the reason I'm on them in the first place!!! Hopefully this will subside and things will calm down.

Good luck!

• Posted

The first week I started mine I had some side affects which enhanced my anxiety but I'm not 4 weeks in and it's getting better

Hope this helps

• Posted

Yes it will get better but I know how much it can suck in the beginning. Is this your first med or are you switching? Right now I'm switching meds and that can be even more sucky because you have to be weaned off the one and start the other but luckily my dr has started me on the new med while at the same time weaning me off the old drug. I totally relate to you on feeling panicky/anxious much more at night and I can only hope this will subside for us, I wonder if it's the meds wearing off for the day. Also sometimes the dr will prescribe a benzo like klonopin or Xanax when you are weaning off an antidepressant or starting a new one because they can time to work as you know and build up in our bodies. My dr just prescribed something to help me sleep it's not a sleeping pill or habit forming and it helps a bit with a klonopin for the anxiety but I still find myself having trouble sleeping, some nights are worse than others. If your new to meds and have any questions I can probably answer atleast some of them as I've been on meds since I was 18 so it's a good ten years now lol unfortunately but I guess it could always be worse. Best of luck to you hang in there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.