Meds

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on bp meds since 2012 Amadopliene or wht ever it is my doc lowers it to .5 mg I lost 42 lbs from exercising last 4 months I go back for check up my no is back up so she puts me on location I refuse to take it I don't like how it makes me feel.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Losartan good dam f*****g s**t feel like I'm having heart attack all the time

• Posted

What is the dosage of Losartan that is replacing the Amlodipine 5 mg?  I came off Losartan 50 mg (took it for one year) then Amlodipine (took it for one month) about one month ago.  I still have chest pain from coming off Losartan.
    • Posted

She has me taking both 12.5 mg Losartin at night after I get home at 11pm and 5 mg of Amadopliene in mornin but last year I was 360 lbs my sugar was borderline she put me on Metaformin last 4 months I've been excersing lost 42 lbs think metformin lowered my sugar cause I started get all the side effects from going to full dose a month ago so I'm not taking that crap I'm starting to eat vegan to get away from to much sodium.

• Posted

Having had dreadful side effects from many BP meds, including Amlodipine, Losartan Potassium at 50mg has been the only one I can tolerate.  An excellent pharmacist had told me that Losartan is the one BP med about which he hears the least complaints from his patients.  Just goes to prove how different we all are in our response to medication.  One of the secrets to successful BP treatment is that the drug should be started at a very low dose before being titrated up as/when necessary.  This allows the body to slowly adapt to the drug.  And another great pharmacist advised that if we have been on any BP drug for a considerable length of time,we shouldn’t just stop it but slowly reduce it, over, say, a week for each year we have been taking it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.