Meds Advice Needed!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have recently been given meds by my doctor for RLS. Driving me nuts as I write. It's Kinson or" Levadopa and Carbodopa" medical name. Doesn't seem to work. It's normally prescribed for Parkinson's disease. Why isn't it working?! Do I just take it as needed, or every night? Thanks. Desperate. Been taking as needed. Get RLS every few days.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Kate ... think most of these meds can be for Parkinson, so my doc says... Iv had RLS for around 18 month, but did nothing about it as I throught it was because I was going through the menopause, and hopefully it would stop, once I was through the other end... but it just drove me nuts in the end, as I couldn’t sleep due to my RLS so Iv been to the docs and he gave me ‘pramipexole’ which is again for Parkinson and RLS I just take one tablet about 7 in the evening and it as stopped my RLS so I can sleep a bit better now, Iv been on it now 4 weeks, at the start it did give me weird dreams, but now it’s fine, you can go higher on this med if you have probs in the day time to, mines at nite Wen I’m relaxing, at the mo I can cope more in the day... I did ask my doc why I got this and if it will just go away, like it started... but he said they really don’t know why it starts in first place, and once you’ve got it, it’s with you for life 😩 ... noooooo that’s what I didn’t want to here... but I’m hoping this med keeps it under control ... I do hope you find some thing to help you 🤗x

• Posted

Thanks Dawn. So do I take a pill every night even though my RLS is unpredictable??
    • Posted

Hi Kate ... my RLS is every nite without fail, so I was told to take 2/3 b4 bed time and I does work good for me, so maybe ask your doc wens best for you, if your not sure until it happens Wen you get it, may be worth trying every nite... but get advice..

If your not sure.. Iv just read up on what George say ( kraytom) ..

Mite be worth reading first..

Good luk chic hope you get it sorted out for you 🤗x

• Posted

Hiya Kate that meant to say take 2/3 hours b4 bed time lol...🤗x

• Posted

i also have depression and restless leg syndrome i find that tramadol helps with the symptons of rls ,also i think the more i have anxiety attacks at night seems to start off the never ending twitching and horrendous muscle pains also on citalopram for the depression ,i think for me tramadol works well ,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.