Meds for GAD

Posted , 3 users are following.

I would appreciate your input. I know each person is different, but which med for GAD has the least side effects?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My own doctor doesn't know for sure which med would have the least side effects for me!!! Someone cannot tell you that for sure, not even your own doctor. He or she will recommend based on you, your tolerance history, and your attitude, as well as how severe your symptoms are. Even then, the first try may be a miss. If so, call doctor and he will try another. I got lucky on first try. My sister took four tries but now is very happy with the one they finally found.

Dear Jmk, this is your doctor's job to answer. We can only tell our own experience. The one that is perfect for me could be terrible for you That is why we are told never to take another person's medication.

Here, we will support, encourage and uplift you. We will tell you our own stories, and make suggestions. But, as to your question that's between you and your doctor.

Hang in there Honey, and stay with us. We will always be here to talk to. Hugs

• Posted

I used buspar a very long time ago. I liked it very much. Took about a month to settle in and was very easy to go off of. I havent used meds since except for the emergency  xanax. Benzos work the fastest and best (xanax, klonopin) but should be used as needed and never on a daily long term basis its very addicting and extremely difficult to get off of. I did go thru hell 23 tears ago getting of Klonopin, i did it but it was challenging. Some doctors steer away from it unless nothing else works.
  • Posted

Hi my doctor prescribed me and told me escitalopram (cipralex) has less side effects compared to others. I'm extremely sensitive to meds and started on 5mg and I was OK. U can ask your doctor about it and see if he/she recommends it for you.

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.