Meds6weeksworse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Nightmare! Prescribed nexium, protonix and zantac to no avail

Burning throat to stomach while on protonix and zantac.Other side effects. Docs wanted to double meds/continue.Stopped meds. Also, cough sputum for 10 weeks. Will visit pulmonologist.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you definetly have acid..so sorry..it's a nightmare to many..I have the cough as eell which leads to headache when I cough! Globus hits often along with it..I just take 2 tsp organic apple cider vinegar every mornin which helps me tremendously. Couldn't deal with side effects of Nexium. Hope you can find relief..check out the forum, How I beat globus! Lots of good info on there!

• Posted

At this point don't think it is acid reflux

I've responded to prilosec and antibiotics in the past...but not lately...Having Esophagram for Dysphagia next week...

I have Autonomic Neuropathy, could be nerve damage also in the throat...How does the vinegar help you? Always been reluctant to try vinegar...because it's so potent...

Take Care...

• Posted

Well I read where most ppl think Tha have too much acid via ppi's but it's really to little acid thus the acv. So thot hey, won't hurt to just try it. I asked my ENT and he didn't see a problem doing it. He said it's a homeopathic and he was fine with it. So i use it, every morning. It really helps the pain. I got off for an out 2 weeks and it came back with a vengence..so back on it..it really does help me. But after I drink the water with acv, I rinse my mouth 3x with warm water to get it off my teeth..vinegar not good for teeth..hope u get some answers. Please keep us posted. Take care..

• Posted

Yes, I read that as well, everyone has different reasons why they are having their symptoms. I don't believe it is too much acid, I believe the acid is not able to remain in the stomach because of the LES or UES, not functioning properly....or Esophagus motility ..just too name a couple. I won't be using vinegar.. and yes it will hurt me...i don't do everything docs say...thanks anyway...

• Posted

Good evening my name is Leslie and I hope everone on this website gets the help they need last year I had a Nissan fundoplication for I had greds really bad I could not hardly keep anything down that why I had the surgery I was feeling great for about eight months I was off my reflux meds eating and doing anything I want than this June some of my old symptoms return I made an oppointment with my ENT doctor and I told him my symptoms and he said there was not much that he could do for me he said I should go see my surgeon and I told him I making a oppointment with him but his office help said he i out of the office or he is very book up some doctor so my ENT doctor sent me to a new chest doctor he sent for the usual tests and when he got back the reports back it showed the doctor who did my fundoplication surgery he did the wrap way to tight on me for it slip and gave me anew hernia as well so on October 11 which is next Wednesday I am going back in the hospital to have a redo redo Nissan funpoplication the first thing he is going to do undo the warp fix the hernia clean up scar tissues put in a mes make a new warp and put in a feeding tube which he is going to remove three days after surgery and I will be in the hospital from five to seven days then I be back on a liquid to soft then to a regular diet but I like my new doctor very much he kind caring and really take the time to reall listen to his patients which I like very much and I know with him this is the last redo fundoplication surgery he will have to do on me. So with that I will keep all of you posted it was nice talking to all of you take care and we will talk soon again very truly yours Leslie
    • Posted

Hello Leslie, I'm sorry to hear what you have been going through.I read about the Nissan and I think that if my condition worsens I would have to get the surgery as well.With Neuropathy I had the food problem on and off for 6 years and the nerve damage more than 25 years ....i wish you so much luck with the surgery....i hope you get better soon...please keep in touch

..Best Regards maria

• Posted

Leslie I will be thinking of you especially on Wednesday...

I have my Esophagram. On that day also... Be Well...maria

• Posted

Hi Maria this Leslie  thank-you for your kind support and if you every opt Nissan fundoplication surgery to solve your problem I wish all the best as well and I hope you only have to do it once but I have good doctor and everything will turn out right but I will keep you posted on how I am doing before and after my surgery on Wednesday so with that take care and I be talking to you soon Best Regards Leslie💜 

• Posted

Hi Maria Leslie here let me now how your Esophgram turn out on wendnesday and I hope all gose well and like I said in my lost post to you I let you how my redo Nissan fundoplication surgery turns out as well Best regrards Leslie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.