Meh

Posted , 14 users are following.

The menopause sucks........the end sad

3 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes it does, but lets all try and stay strong, keep talking to each other and kick it's ass, we are all beautiful, strong wise goddesses and we can do this no matter how wobbly we may feel, i know it's not easy, i have sooooo many symptoms like others have, but we came through all these yrs of monthly sessions, grew our children and gave birth to them and then juggled raising them with work, housework, nursing when ill, feeding the family, entertaining and educating taking care of husbands or partners caring for elderly relatives etc, we are strong, we can do this. Right off to collapse now lol haha, love and light to you x
  • Posted

Totally with you on that one!
    • Posted

I agree that it does have me dragged down at times being in post menopausal. I get tired moody but lately since I have been on a low dose of zoloft 25mg my moods have gone down I'm not up and down as much 

I feel that its a lot better thantaking HRT because HRT can have your hormones all over the place 

• Posted

I wont touch anti depressants either 

years ago a doc gave me Lustral ( zoloft ) made me worse , made me feel suicidal ... Horrible... 

Kept changing me to others and none felt right, just masked the anxiety, i wasnt able to ever deal with it and rise above it on those things so for me personally were a nightmare ... Makes me furious when a doctor even mentions the word to me.

my anxiety i can deal with, these anti depressants were pushed at me again last year, flatly refused ... 

mines hormone anxiety, and it comes and goes like the rest of meno, 

I found they made me fuzzy headed, i like to drive so not ideal for driving at all.. Not wanting to harm anyone on the roads or myself ..

For me big no no ..

Jay

• Posted

Sorry you had to go through that antidepressants are not right for everyone. I remember an antidepresssant I was on as a teen It was Depakote made me feel suicdal myself but it seem a low dose of zoloft has helped me celexa gave me a rash so I can not take that. 

I do take ativan for my anxieties not as bad as it was over the holidays and last year when I went into menopause

• Posted

Jay Im right up there with those meds,they brought meno anxiety on me in first place,didn't have it until that one packet ,set it all off for me ,yes I to call it meno anxiety .Stopped ever having them again. But still got anxiety around me ,never left .So they triggered mine off for definate ,plus made my tinnitus far worse  didn't know at the time Benzo's could do that either .To late now damage done .

I do keep in Bach rescue ,not used a lot  but it's there .Think once on those meds long term ,you come to rely on them ,can be on them for years and years .Dont think there's an answer to anxiety if meno ,not found it for myself .Hence why I'm looking at this allergy route ,see if that to can be an ongoing cause why 9 years down the road it's still hanging around .

Sorry your having bad time this week ,hope that soon settles .Stress can get to you .xxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene 😃

yeah its just an odd week, maybe post shingles and the bulging back discs i had bad, ( alot better now) the liver things 😳, the recent house move and partner works overseas so maybe all of that has caught up, just over tired etc ..

been lots to do, whether i felt well enough or not, had to be done, not there yet, but getting there slowly ..

onwards and upwards ay ... Had a great afternoon out today, really enjoyed it, that was a tonic in itself ..

hope you get your york results soon ..

enjoy the weekend 

jay xx

• Posted

Like everything Jay ,all takes time  you've had a lot on your plate ,,all happened at once .You don't get over shingles just like that .House will get sorted  I've moved enough times to know that ,so don't push so hard to getting it done ,get a good book go sit outside if nice .

Don't know how long till I get those bloods back ,gave them enough to test ,kept eating even things Id avoided ,since that virus  so hope they find something ,anything least I can move forward ,feel like I'm in limbo ,and nothing gets fixed .

Another said her anxiety began when she was driving  that's 7 females have said that ,why when driving ?one I know personally was on outside lane of the motorway when anxiety just happened  not thinking of anything ,just casually chatting to her passenger .It scared life out of her.Weird how and where it begins .

Just go easy Jay  Youve been there before ,so you know what it is doing it .as I do .The brain gets well over loaded with stress .your be okay Hug from me .xxxx💝

• Posted

Hi Marlene 

oh your such a sweetie 

i  heading for the bed soon 😴😴😴😴

night time already ... Beauty sleep hahahaha

talk soon take care Marlene 🌹🌻🌺🌻🌺

jay xx

• Posted

Good evening ladies,

We could write a book on this 'natural' phase of our lives !!

Nothing natural or normal about my phase.

One male Gp did ask why I thought how I feel is linked to the menopause!!

I did give him a honest answer cos on that day I was feeling quite sharp, as opposed to some of my lovely flat ,sweaty anxious , can't string 2 words together days !😠

Here's to the book 🔰

• Posted

hi zoomie 

hahahaha good on ya girl 

what do men know anyway 

cheesygrin

jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.