Melatonin

Posted , 8 users are following.

It may be a good idea to consider melatonin before PPI's or surgery as there's research showing that it can help or even cure gut problems, including lowering stomach acid and strengthening the esophageal sphincter. A naturopath put me onto it and it really helped. Check out the research and anecdotal evidence yourself. Just google esophageal sphincter-melatonin, and acid reflux-melatonin. It's worth a go. No side effects as far as I can tell, except being a little drowsy first thing in the morning for a few days.

4 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How well did Melatonin work for you?
    • Posted

He answered that for me if you look.

I took it for about two months before giving up on it as it was of no help.

I got mine on a prescription from my GP. He did not have much faith in it as he is also doctor to a sports team and some had tried it to help their sleep on return from long overnight flights.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.