Memory and brain fog

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

I’m 33 years old and a mom of three little ones. My memory and brain fog seems like it’s getting worse with my Graves Disease. What can I do to improve it? What have worked for you? It’s getting  really hard to focus and remember things. Thank you!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Are you on medication?  If so, what dosage?   What were your last lab test results?  Relaxation treatments to offset stress such as Mindfulness, Yoga, Breathing exercises all help.  What helped my Graves was taking supplements like Regular L-Carnitine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Vitamin D3 and Magnesium in addition to medication.
  • Posted

B12 methylcobalimin

( sub lingual ) ie  under tongue 

.... it’s important  you use this type 

Magnesium  

D3   

K2  plus   MK7 

until all your  vitamins minerals and nutrients are back to the levels they SHOULD be at 

Before Graves did it’s worst ..

You’re not likely to lose that brain fog  ..

I’ve been in remission for  almost three years now 

.....Thanks to these and a few others 

The above post’s  information is excellent   ... try to research as much as you can about these 

Things ... they work !!

Mx🌹

• Posted

Thank you for your reply’s. I’m on methimazole 10g daily. I  will research them all you’d suggestions ❤️
  • Posted

I  am also experiencing that brain fog, i keep forgetting people's names and feel like i have early alzihmers...

when I had hyperthyroid in my late teens, the fog went away pretty quick after i took thyroid medication.  

now i am in my late 30s, the fog is still there after 6 months...  will try out these supplements.. 

• Posted

Hi!  Well, God Bless You for your three little ones....and...dealing with this illness!  I have had hyperthyroidism for many, many years....and yes, the brain fog is tough!  What I noticed just recently is by eliminating caffeine and all sugar (white sugar, not fruit) is helping tremendously!  I am now caffeine free, sugar free, dairy free and gluten free, following an AI Protocol (see:  Mickey Trescott) and feel better.  I no longer have highs and low swings, feel more stable and more able to now:  exercise, which I would also recommend.  Having 3 kids makes it tough, but maybe you could put on some music or run around the yard together - anything to get you to destress!  Hope this helps!

• Posted

Hi Pam,

I also have a worsening brain fog. My TSH level is 0.62. My endo said i dont have to take the meds anymore since it is in the normal range. However, I take multivitamins that does not help much. 

I have anxiety, I feel like I have been living in a foggy state of mind. It is scary.

I do not know what to do anymore.

I have a son to take care of.

Please anyone advise.

Thank you.

Vera

• Posted

Vera ... please see my post above

These vitamins and minerals are not  sweeties ...  

they are the ingredients that make up our immune system ...

and they WORK

MX🌹

• Posted

Vera ... please see my post above

These vitamins and minerals are not  sweeties ...  

they are the ingredients that make up our immune system ...

and they WORK

MX🌹

• Posted

Vera, my Endo would not stop my medication without first checking my antibody levels, even when ALL my labs were normal, including my TSH being 1.3.  Please ask your doc to test your antibody levels and if they are still detectable, you need to remain on a low dose of medication.  My last dose of medication was 2.5 mg three times a week.  I just stopped them altogether in April because my antibody levels were non-detectable and also my stressful workplace situation changed.  Stress was what triggered my disease in the first place.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.