Memory Issues on Citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been taking Citalopram for about 9 weeks now and I have noticed my memory isn't working the best, or I'm kind of drawing a blank and have to really think about it for a minute sometimes before I remember. I never really have the 'best' memory my whole life because I think I've had anxiety since I was really young. Anyone else have this effect? If so, how long before it gets better?

Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

ive been on it over 7 years and my memory has been terrible all that time, never was before! its only now that im trying to come off and im down to 6mg my memory is getting better, this is a very strong drug not to be taken lightly

• Posted

i agree with toria it seems to be short term memory thats affected most with me certanly my dreams remember my long term memorys

• Posted

Hi Grounded, it affected my short term memory whilst I was on it, it wasnt until I came off them that I realised how much. I think with these its good to weigh up the pros and cons. I found ways, especially in my job on how to work around the memory issues.

• Posted

Okay I'm not the only one who feels like this then. It bothers me quite a bit but if you choose the pro's and con's I think I'd rather have to work a little harder in remember things then feel that yucky anxiety. I took zoloft many years ago I don't really remember having this issue, I wonder if its a celexa specific issue?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.