Memory loss.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Anyone getting memory loss. Putting stuff away not remembering where etc. Worried incase start of dementia😥 at young age of 47 .

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi barney

I've had similar, don't think it's dementia though more the brain fog like I had checked out. I once went to get a glass of water and filled the glass from my washing up bowl.... I worried about it which made me think if it was something worrying I would have drunk it! Xx

• Posted

Did you get checked out. I am debating going to doctor .. worry is making me worse which making me forgot more. 😥😥😥

• Posted

Hi barney

If you're really worried then get it checked out. I just kind of tested myself really, I honestly think it's part of meno and exacerbated by the anxiety and loss of confidence we seem to get with it. I've had health anxiety for a long while, and I know it's really scary. I think if you checkout online brain games, do your brain age, recall some important facts or get a pal to test you, you'll get a bit of assurance. I'm 43, my brain age came back at 38 so even if I do accidentally fill my glass with sink water, I think it's okay xx

• Posted

Omg you sound like me I had a memory like scary how much I could remember then it was like a switch and sometimes I can’t remember what I ate for lunch yesterday I used to be a nurse and so of course I was going in fifty directions as too what it could be and realized all part of peri!!!! As I’m laying here with my period and bad cramps! Out of all the symptoms I just wish I didn’t have a period mine has always been bad so this is nothing new but I’m over it...I have been in Peri for years I’m 49 will be 50this year it started I would say at 42 but very subtle about three years ago is when the symptoms came on like a ton of bricks they say you follow your mother well that’s bs because my mother has never had a menstrual cramp in her life she was the type you didn’t even know when she had it no symptoms her main thing in Peri was her irregular periods and I would say she would get bitchy I was in my twenties and I would say jokingly go take a happy pill lol! No hot flashes night sweat nada I have almost all the symptoms except a few lucky me! So know your not alone I’m sure more women are with us on this one
    • Posted

It's awful im getting really worried . Which is making me notice more things im forgetting. I don't have periods. I had a hysterectomy yrs ago but kept ovaries. Then last May I had hormones levels doe and were normal. Then in Oct doc repeated them and were all up the left. But I need think doc told me I was well into menopause. So I'm lost as in Peri. I don't have any sweats ..I'm baffled but I know my health anxiety got really bad. 😥

• Posted

Sorry hysterectomy was 2 years ago

• Posted

Hi Barney, don’t panic.  I’ve started a bath, went outside forgot about it, and flooded the bathroom before.  I’m only 41 and this happened a couple years ago!  Put your bills on auto pay, I forget those a lot now!  I always thought those reminder apps and calendars on our devices were stupid.  They are my second brain now 😀

• Posted

Yes. Big time. On top of that, I am flighty and disorganized. I am usually the opposite. It scares the crap out of me. And to make it worse, my daughter is entering puberty and is also forgetful. It's the blind leading the blind over here. Scares me though. Not used to NOT being a solid thinker. Even worse, I've signed up for an online college course. So now forgetfulness may cost me a certification. Or it could strengthen my brain. I'm trying to be positive and bank on the latter. So my menopause (peri) is almost exactly like my pregnancy was. Weird, but true. I am, once again, putting milk in the cupboard.

• Posted

it's awful. Hard to know if im peri or full as don't have any periods due to hysterectomy.. I know my bloods were normal in last May and up the left in Oct. Even my spelling to bad now. So worried 😥

• Posted

Hi

My best description of perimenopause it’s like being in puberty and being pregnant at the same time my daughter is 16 and I can relate I let her know all about perimenopause because even tho I was a nurse I wasn’t taught anything about peri! Puberty pregnancy hormones and a little about menopause that’s it my primary said the same thing he wasn’t taught much about Peri either but he knew a lot!!! He did his own research thank god!

• Posted

Hi chrisann

Your post cheered me up no end. I never hit puberty as I have ovarian failure and adopted my son lol.... No wonder I've been confused smile xx

• Posted

No it’s just hormones ... don’t worry too much . It’s not the WORST part of meno ... it’s the depression anxiety and fatigue that gets you !
    • Posted

So true. If I didn't have the depression and anxiety I would be doing pretty good.

• Posted

I started to have awful meno symptoms and forget everything and do bizarre things; the crunch came last year when after coming home from a holiday I put the toothbrushes back in the bathroom... or at least thought I had until one of the children shrieked with laughter that they had just found them in the dishwasher... yes, seriously. After everyone had finished laughing at me, I felt a bit freaked out about it. 😖

I went on HRT the next day... 

I'm still quite forgetful though.

🤔

AJ. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.