Memory loss and menopause

Posted , 3 users are following.

My wife is in the premenopause stage and we have just had the most almighty row because  she was looking forward to watching the latest episode in a series on tv that we had taped. When it started I said that it was the one we had watched together in its entirety two days ago. She denied this in strong language and I tried to remind her of things she had said during the programme. She became madder and madder and said I must have indulged myself and watched it without her. I tried to point out that this was not possible but she was adamant, stormed off and went to bed slamming the door on me. I am worried that this is going to become a pattern and my wife is not going to accept that she is sufering from menopause related memory loss. What can I do? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear about your wife,My cousin is in premenopause and has memory loss so there's a link, I wonder if it gets better after menopause it effects her work don't remember what her clients says,I have not seen many people on here talk about it anyway I hope she feels better soon.

• Posted

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your reply.

Part of the problem is the memory loss is so complete that my wife doesn't even believe she has forgotten anything - and she flies off the handle if I even suggest it. She genuinely believes she did not see this episode that we definitely watched together. It wasn't the only thing she has forgotten about that evening either - she also got out more than one tea towel and hung them in the under sink cupboard but she accuses me of doing this - and for some reason she is extremely angry about it. 

It would be good to know if there are things that can lessen the memory loss problem - and calm the anger.

Roger

• Posted

Hi Roger your wife memory will get better with time I read this with someone who had stop going through the menopause ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.