Memory loss, confusion and loss of balance

Posted , 4 users are following.

i wonder if anyone has any suggestions

over the last 12 months i have started with been very forgetful which has got worse as time goes on, but i have been suffering with confusion esp when i wake up as i dont know where i am etc, i have been losing my balance recently as well some of the other problems i am having is i get my words mixed up alot or struggle to say what im trying to or when someone speaks to me i sometimes think they have said something else or just totallt confused, i get blurred vision, headaches, pins and needles in my hands

i havent thought much about it and put it down to the sertreline im on but my doctor has said she doesnt think its them at all so then i started to use google and it popped up about head injuries and made me remember about new year 2017/2018 when i took an overdose and when they let me home the morning after i had a seizure fell on the floor had a very deep open cut and my partner said i stopped breathing and he had to bring me round he said he thought i was dead i never had my head checked just cleaned up and closed

could this be the reason im having these problems even though it was 12 months ago

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry that you are having these serious issues. I don't understand why your doctor hasn't done more than to say that she doesn't think the cause is as a result of medication that you are currently taking. You really need a medical opinion and not a chat room opinion. I understand that's it's frustrating and scary to become forgetful. See your doctor and don't put up with being brushed off. Persist until you are better. You deserve it.

• Posted

I think instead of asking on an internet site i think you should be checked out by your GP first, I cannot understand why your partner when he saw that you had stopped breathing didn't call an ambulance to have you looked at, if someone stops breathing their has to be a reason for it.

Make an appointment with your GP for reassurence if nothing else.

• Posted

he did ring the ambulance and the police came as well i was in a&e and i have been to the docs as stated and sent me for a ct scan im due there soon i was just asking asking for advice

• Posted

Hello kerry.

Head injuries no matter when they happened should be looked at.

Years ago in 1990 a friend of mine had been out jogging i saw him just as he came in to the room, i mentioned he should go for a shower but he said he was far too tired, then the conversation got around to why he was tired, when out jogging he slipped and banged his head on a wall.

I immediately took him to our doctor and he sent him by ambulance to hospital.

He died 6-8 months later from a brain tumor, watching him slowly fade away was heart breaking, so every time i hear of someone who has a head injury i tell them this story because we think oh it's nothing.

Go to A&E and tell them your symptoms don't miss anything out, remember it's your life do something about it.

John

• Posted

when it happened i went to a&e they never checked my head and ive only just thought on about the head injury by my symptoms have gotten worse

• Posted

Kerry, have you been drinking alcohol while on Sertraline. That will make you feel the way you are describing.

If not, then as this seems to have started since your head injury,then yes it could be linked,but not necessarily.

Does your doctor know you had a head injury? You should tell him/her and ask if that might be the reason.

As DevsMom has said....dont be fobbed off ...you need an answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.