Memory stories...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I wanted to open this discussion to comment about all our memory problems and maybe help understending how this special symptom affect us. Mine is almost lost, is very dificult to temember things that happened minutes ago. There are some others that I do remember so is not completely lost. Reading is a problem, is dificult to remember even the previous page. All of this in less than a year and a half. Does any of you have any exersices or recomendation for reading?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been looking at oxygen Therapy for ME.

I would be interested to see if anyone has tried it.

It is offered in the MS Action centres but says that anyone with a neurological illness can access the therapies.

I think this would be good for stimulating the brain and the memory. I havent tried it yet.

• Posted

My memory was awful when it use to be pretty good. I started using Solitaire and Suduko on my Ipad to start retraining my brain to remember and think.

Solitaire was good because the game was short and required concentration for only a small amount of time. Then I moved onto Suduko. I am now using some other brain training software and it seems to be helping.

• Posted

That is hopeful, wknight!  I used to be a Sudoku freak, let it go several years ago.  I am harmed by psych drugs rather than CFS, but there's overlap so I was attracted to this thread.  Memory and concentration are still difficult for me.  

I took up online Sudoku and it is horrifying how poorly I am performing, the mistakes I am making repeating numbers...the site I am using allows you to compare your results to others, and mostly I fall in the category of 97% of people do better than me!  Ugh!

• Posted

I do something similar with chess. I remember before all this that I use to go up levels while wining now went down to the first and havent won any since... it hurts thinking...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.