Memory trouble

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello there, 

For around 1,5 months I've had severe memory lapses. Everything prior to that point is crystal clear to me. But then I suddenly have trouble remembering the simplest things. I can barely remember what I did today or yesterday. The more important stuff like going somewhere is still there but there is a ton of stuff I simply seem to forget. I've been to a a psichologist who diagnosed me with General anxiety disorder and depression (severe). For example: I watch a youtube video in the morning. Suddenly let's say 5 hours later i can barely remember what I watched in general but the moment I see the title of the video I start to clearly remember the content. 

All I want to know if this sort of memory loss can be caused by severe GAD and depression. It's driving me nuts

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I get the same thing. It really sucks. I constantly forget what I'm about to do, what a show was about (even after recently having watched it).
  • Posted

Hi there

GAD can do things to you physically and mentally that you would never associate it with. The tension and pressure it puts on your mind is bound to cause your mind to feel overwhelmed and cause you to forget things. Depression has also been scientifically proven to have an impact on the brain and the way we think and interpret things.

Mal.

• Posted

When dealing with severe anxiety it occuoies so much if your thought memory becomes an issue much of the time. Very common.
  • Posted

try brain training exercises such as crosswords, wordsearches or other tests and see if that improves your memory over time.

rich

• Posted

I get this all the time very common but also very annoying.

Stay Strongconfused

• Posted

Hi nocthur I'm suffering from a really bad memory also I'm dealing with ocd and health anxiety plus panic disorder my memory is like you describe I will forgot what I had for dinner or I'll be confused what day it is another example today I did a load of laundry after I hung it on the line I went to do that load of laundry I got to the washing machine only to realize I had already done it and hung it out it's a scary symptom and it's hard to believe that it's anxiety but I guess it is so many people on this forum have posted similar stories so try not to panic to much as hard as it is I know 😵

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.