Men cant get BV but are they passing bacteria that is causing BV?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Doctors say that men can't get bv but can they give us bacteria that causes BV. According to the sticlinic.com they stated "Men can have a colonisation of Gardnerella in their urethra but it does not generally cause any symptoms and they do not necessarily need to be treated. ... Gardnerella is not considered to be a sexually transmitted infection but it is not clear if Gardnerella can be passed from males to females during intercourse." It is UNCLEAR if it can be passed so that means that their is a possibility and maybe men should be treated with antibiotics. Other than gardenerella , Bacteriodes Fragilis , Mobiluncis mulieris, Mobiluncis Curtisii, Atopobiuem Vaginae, Prevotella Bivia , Megasphaera Type 1 , Megasphaera Type 2 , BVAB2,Lactobacillus crispatus,Lactobacillus iners are all different types of bacteria that can cause BV. My question is can men carry any of these bacterias that cause bv and should they be treated with antibiotics also?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I absolutely got it from a guy who I knew was a big player & yet refused to buy condoms the night we had casual sex. I had one with me but it was too small, so it ended up being unprotected & I've suffered recurring bv ever since. they dont need to be treated as it doesn't harm them but it sure harms the ladies they "encounter" if they dont care enough to take an antibiotic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.