Menapsuse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies can anyone tell me what perI menapause is.

My periods stopped when I was 52 I am now 57 but still feel awful everyday this have been going on now for 5 years

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Perimenopause is the time frame leading up to your periods ending. You are in menopause once you have not had a period for 12 months. The years after you are post menopausal.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for the reply,well im post menopausel I've been struggling for 5 years I keep thinking im firinh
    • Posted

Sorry didn't finish my message,I keep thinking im going to die feel awful everyday but I struggle on
    • Posted

Its a struggle. Even though you are post, you may still have symptoms for a few years. I'm told that they will go away, but you may still expierence them for the rest of your life but not as intense.
  • Posted

I had never heard of peri before I came in here. My Dr told me I was starting menopause but cos I'd got merina coil and no periods couldn't be sure even tho I'd got lots of symptoms.. Seems they don't wanna explain anything

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.