Meneires disease 10 months in

Posted , 7 users are following.

Diagnosed meneires in November 16 was having attacks at least once a week was put on 8mg bethastine work for a while then End of November started again,at this time I was off work since September and couldn't see a end to it,so was upgraded to 16mg and tried a low salt diet,ok until January then was having attacks 2 or 3 times a week and felt so low!! Then went to ent and he put me on 32mg 3x a day in march 17,since then I've had 1 minor attack and minor ear fullness now and again,I them stopped this low salt diet rubbish!!! And never felt better,think it was cutting down too much on salt or upgrading to 32mg,feel myself again after 4 horrible months Nov to march,everyone's different but to me,eat what yer want drink what yer want and carry on as normal as worked for me,I have another ent appointment in July,just thought I share my experience to give hope for people who are down at the moment,sounds like I'm rambling on but it's not all bad if yer feeling down right now,since I went back to work I've had 1 sick day in 6 months of which before Christmas I couldn't see the light of end of tunnel,hope this helps people struggling at moment,chin up it gets better!!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Steve

Thanks so much for this, I will definitely go back to my GP and ask if I can increase my medication. It's lovely to hear such positive news.

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.