Menerie's Disease sufferer.

Posted , 8 users are following.

This is bad,I can't drive,can't go where I used to and will not get better.Walking feels like the ground moves at times.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

Was this your first attack? If not how long has it been? 

• Posted

No I had it bad last summer where I had to immediately lay down.

This summer I at least can walk with a cane,but the feeling never leaves.

• Posted

Hi there, sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. 

Unfortunately I still have days like this and have not been driving for 4 months now, which is a nightmare, however I have become better walking and have been able to go back to work. Some days are still tough but you’ll find away to get through. Unfortunately it’s a guessing game with this disease and my head still spins if I’m tired or stressed but, touch wood, I’m coming on 2 months without any vertigo

You will get better, we all will we just have to find the right treatment for us. 

How long have you had Meniere’s? 

Sarah 

• Posted

It seems I had it since I was maybe 30 years old but I thought I either needed food or it was a panic attack.It got bad last year.
  • Posted

Hey.  Sorry I know how you feel.  I’ve been dizzy since my attack in may. I’m still dizzy can’t look down and can’t lie flat.  It has gotten better everyday and especially since my anxiety has gotten better.  I don’t know what to say other than it will hopefully get a little better everyday it just takes. While.  I have tried to eliminate salt and I put ginger root in my water everyday. I think we will just have to live with this.    However it has gotten better. Just not completely gone.  
  • Posted

Hi. I, like several of the others , have experienced similar symptoms. Menieres disease can be unforgiving. It can be quite debilitating at times. I have had periods of not driving and definitely not on busy highways. I no longer drive long distances. In addition to menieres, I developed BPPV.  I went through vestibular therapy which seem to help. 

I recently sac decompression surgery , as a last resort, because my vertigo attacks could no longer be controlled through diet and medication. It has been four months and I am still adjusting to symptoms. I have not had an attack since a month after surgery but balancing remains a challenge.  I rather deal with anything other than vertigo episodes. 

Best to you....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.