Meniere's

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone ever took Dexamethasone 0.5 mg for Meniere's?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Some have had a a steroid injection through the eardrum and into the inner ear. Don't know if it would work if taken orally though. Perhaps not so good for the rest of your body

• Posted

Yea I had the injection about 3 years ago. They have gave me this to take a half of a pill a day just wondering if anyone else has had any good results with it?
  • Posted

When I first started having problems my GP started me on an oral dexamethasone taper which is starting with a high dose and gradually lowering it over a 10 day period. Needless to say, it did nothing at all for the menieres. It is rarely used according to research I have read so guesing its one of those might help drugs.
    • Posted

Thanks Donna! That's what I'm reading also that it doesn't help idk why they give it if it's not proven to help. I got to find something to get this pressure out

• Posted

There are a number of things that don't help which are done quite routinely in my opinion. There is so little known by the medics about Menieres and yet everytime I meet another ent they claim that they know more than any other ent consultant. Although I have heard some good reports about regular steroid injections but doesn't work for everyone. Almost anything has to be better than destructive surgery or Gentamiacin injections, which used to be carried out routinely and blindly in the absence of any serious research.

• Posted

Yea I'm going through this I had to change doctors due to my insurance changes and the one I got now is saying he thinks I'm having vestibular migraines I go to a neurologist doctor Tuesday so I feel like I'm back at square one it's driving me crazy.

• Posted

That may not be a bad thing as vestibular migraines frequently happen with MD.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.