Meniere’s and the Blair method chiropractic

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone on this site tried this type of upper cervical adjustment for their Menieres? ive been reading about it but not sure what to think.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What is this procedure?

• Posted

It is a specific technique used to adjust the cervical (upper) spine by a chiropractor. According to the Blair website and other chiropractors using this method, many people claim that it has alleviated their symptoms. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell if anything we do impacts our Menieres since it typically follows a pattern of remission, flare up, remission. How do we really know if what we've done to improve it really worked or is just a natural remission of symptoms?

• Posted

My friends own an Atlas chiropractic and it involves the same treatments. It does bring relief but it will not cure your issues or disease.

• Posted

I have some condition resembling Menieres, but I've not been diagnosed with menieres so far as I've passed my VNG/Caloric testing to date. For now they are calling it migraine variant. Anyway I did see a pretty renowned Blair chiropractor. When he first adjusted me, it was like a miracle. I was honestly like 85% back to normal- tinnitus improved, balance improved. I also had a sense of well being that I hadn't realized was gone until that adjustment. Then on my follow up appt, I was adjusted on the opposite side by his partner. Most of my symptoms came back immediately- it was horrible. I had had a neck MRI right before the first chiro appt, but hadn't yet received the results. Turned out I have severe arthritis and a severe pinched nerve on that side (the left). The second adjustment must've irritated it, triggering symptoms upstream. The original Dr adjusted me back, but I've only been able to get partial, temporary relief since then. And we've tried several times. So I guess my opinion is that the Blair method can work... he sees many with Menieres. The caveat is that you really have to find the best in their field, and there aren't a lot. And it's probably a good idea to make sure your chiro is aware of any structure issues in your neck. The x rays that were taken in his office cannot show certain things. Only the MRI could.

• Posted

ANY CHIROPRACTOR WORTH THEIR WEIGHT WILL ALWAYS DO A SERIES OF xrays to determine basic problem! SORRY YOU HAD THAT PROBLEM ! my xrays were very extensive ! Taken in THE OFFICE! GOOD LUCK!

• Posted

Questor, he did take extensive x rays in the office. Xrays cannot show soft tissue, only MRI can. Pinched nerves are not seen by x ray, only MRI, and sometimes CT.

• Posted

Thank you. I have degenerated discs in my upper cervical area and have suffered from the pain after adjustments. After several bad experiences i swore id never go back but now im willing to try ( maybe).

• Posted

I was suffering with back to back spinning episodes where I would be on the floor for 6-8 hrs at the time. I learned of the cervical adjustment and found chiropractor in my area who specialized in the upper cervical and had done extensive research and work with meniere's disease. Since going to him I have not had any spinning episodes - almost 2 years. He uses a computer program and laser adjustment. Of course, my ENT just says I am in remission, but I truly feel the laser adjustment is what helped. The chiropractor ordered a special MRI along with all his in house x-rays to help determine exactly where to place the laser for adjustment. I only go to him now when I start feeling off balance, drunk, etc. He checks my alignment and if off repeats adjustment. It is well worth the expense and I highly recommend it.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you so much for this information Elizabeth. What area are you in? Was this referred to the Blair Method?

• Posted

I live in the Atlanta area, specifically - Marietta. I'm not certain if the treatment my chriropractor uses is exactly the Blair method, but similar.

• Posted

Atlas is different than Blair method. I see a pretty famous Blair Dr. The Blair method uses a head drop table with you laying on your side, and you are manually adjusted. Atlas orthogonal uses a device that gently taps the vertebrae into place using high tech alignment. Both supposedly address upper cervical misalignment, but that is where the similarity ends. Since Blair is a hands-on adjustment, one can see the need for both experience and talent, as I consider it somewhat of an art.

• Posted

Hi Linda, i have had one session last week. it was quite uncomfortable but willing to try anything, going to have 2/3 more sessions and try acupuncture, Will let you know, stay well. Regards, Ray.

• Posted

You too Ray. Thanks. I have had chiropractic before and they always hurt me. I too am willing to try anyway.

• Posted

I have tried it and it worked for me. I had a Meneires attack which left me with out of control tinnitus.Went to an Atlas chiropractor and after about 3 treatments I felt some relief and was able to get some badly needed sleep.

• Posted

I have been going to Atlas chiro for treatment, It definitely fixed my neck but not the MD symptoms, did not reduce tinnitus at all. I just had my appointment with dentist to rule out TMJ disorder and he has found some issue with my bite and jaw, I am starting split therapy in a few days. I only go to chiro when I start feeling neck stiffness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.