Meniere's disease?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I've had a reccuring feeling of head pressure (like a pulling feeling or nerve moving in my head) and disequilibrium/poor balance. It hasn't ever been extreme, I've still been able to walk and all. I know I should have seen the doctor for it a long time ago, but I haven't until last week. Health anxiety and fear of doctors kept me from it. 😕 These symptoms have come and went, last a week or two when they come, and when the doctor checked my ear she said I had A LOT of fluid in behind my ear drum. I read that meniere's disease is like chronic fluid behind the ear? I have an appointment with an ENT next week, I was just curious if anyone that has had meniere's disease experienced this? Other triggers I get for it are like being in grocery stores, open spaces, certain lighting (dim lights and bright lights), and some trouble walking in the dark. Hoping to get some answers and get some relief next week as I'm struggling with it right now. Thanks everyone.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My meniere symptoms start with pressure in my temples area ,then a sense of being lightly spaced out.

Office lights of neon tubes can trigger too.

If I get an attack my solution is to slowly walk 4 hours nonstop to keep the symptoms at a minimum ,then it ends.

• Posted

There are several variants of Meniere's Disease. Look up Meniere's Disease Spectrum for the full array of issues that can be caused by the fluid imbalance. I believe that for a true diagnosis of Meniere's requires recurrent vertigo. What you describe seems to be an issue associated with fluid build up that would appear to be one of the variants that may be related to endolymphatic hydrops or eustachion tube dysfunction. Both of these issues are treatable if you can find a doctor that is interested in helping to find your issue and to provide the proper treatment. There are so many issues with the ear that causes the problems that we are experiencing but, finding a medical professional that wants to help find the solution is usually the biggest challenge for us. The symptoms usually cause an exacerbation of our anxiety so we are usually placed in that box for treatment.

• Posted

i was told i had fluid in my ears, they chocked it up to vestibular nueritis. ihad same symptoms as you. they were wrong. after finally finding the correct doctor, i was diagnosed properly. vestibular migraines. look it up on webmd. grocery stores were hell. unsteady, foggy, couldnt see in dark. confused. i am on the mend. most of my symptoms are gone. i am on norotryptiline. it has saved me. what i learned was nobody was going to save me, i had to save myself. i had to find the real diagnosis and ask for the treatment. most ENTs dont understand this. mine was wonderful but she admitted we were going outside her expertise. look up a dizzy clinic in a major city near you. nuero-otology, otolaryngologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.