Meniere's disease it's all in your head

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have often got the look when I explained my symptoms that it's all in my head. In fact it is and it is maddening. Any of these symptoms sound familiar? :

Vertigo dizziness tinnitus handshakes night sweats balance problems anxiety depressionvisual problems hearing loss ear pressure panic attacks headaches despair driving issue. any head motion makes woozy.

Here in the states there's really no medicine to treat any of the symptoms, except valium but nobody will prescribe that.

I think the key is learning to cope and just finding something that offers some relief to some symptoms.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Try ginger roots at least for week... You doctors an idiots to

bring you to this condition with out help.I was like you two years ago. Could not drive for 5 month. Was getting attacs couple of

times a week.Keep up. Do no give up.

Good luck with ENT

• Posted

The Best Homemade Ginger Tea

Ingredients

Serves: 1-2

1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger

2 cups filtered water

1 Tbsp. raw honey or pure maple syrup

½ lemon, juiced

Optional

1 cinnamon stick

Camomile flowers

Echinacea tincture

Fresh mint leaves

Pinch of cayenne pepper

Directions

Peel the ginger root with a peeler or with the back of a spoon.

Grate the ginger with a grater/zester. If you slice it, slice it thin and use more.

Infuse the ginger; if you add cinnamon, mint, camomile or cayenne, add it here.

If you are using a saucepan, bring the water to a boil, add ginger and turn off heat. Put the lid on it and let it steep for 10 minutes.

If you are using a teapot, add ginger in the teapot and pour boiling water in it. Let it steep for about 10 minutes.

If you are using a saucepan, strain the water to remove the ginger.

Add fresh lemon juice and natural sweetener if you like. Stir and enjoy!

If you want a cold tea, let your tea cool down, store it in the fridge and add ice cubes before serving.

• Posted

Do it , it can defiantly work. Lemon also great for nausea and

camomile relaxing ability. I was drinking something like this

several times a day. My husband prepared. He also found it

in Internet. Keep Up.

• Posted

I heard someone on here say that Gabipenting helps with MD. I have some left (600 mg) from when I had the Shingle tingle in my right arm. I took one last night, and it relieved some of the nuasiating dizzyness but I couldn hardly walk straight! I didn't mind the staggering so much since the nuasiating spin face was dimished alot. Today I walked my dog around the park accross the street without feeling woozy (well, had to sit down once).

I remember the drunk-walk subsided after taking them for a while (3/day) for the post shingle disaster. Going in today as walk in to see doc about headaches I've developed in the evenings usually(have on now though). I think it is Migranes. I took a Norco to see if it would reliev the headace. It did, but about 3 hours later the headache was WAY worse. Won't do that again. 

Just groping for some relief. Gonna try grated/steeped/filter ginger/lemon concouction next.

Grab on to something....

• Posted

Until I got diagnostic, used couple of other thinks. Gravol in

regural farmacy they selling it also with ginger sometimes. Also Vertigopas homeopathic drops all for vertigo and dizziness. Do not try all together, but one by one and find what better.

Ask your doctor about Topiromate 25mg 2 weeks 50mg 2 weeks 75mg 2 weeks than you staying with 100 it is for headaches not addicted you can stop when you want I was prescribed by

Nerologists Professor from University of Toronto as all other

staff make me more dizzy .This one you drinking once a night

and helping with headaches.

Keep up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.