Meniere's for 9 years

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi...diagnosed with menieres 9yrs ago. Last 12/18 months started to have balance problems which as got worse. I can't bend, look up, need help crossing road can't move head side to side due to dizziness and felling. Etc. Seem to have no balance at all. I'm constantly stumbling. Lost alot of hearing in both ears, constant tinnitus. Sorry to go on and moan, I just feel so alone and wondered if anyone our there is having same problems with balance.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi your not alone diagnosed 7years ago and had bad spell for two months this summer finally cleared but now if I look up or quick movement of head left or right I also feel giddy and my balance is shot to pieces am waiting appointment to see consultant about this as it is worrying as you say be interesting to hear others who suffer this aswell 
    • Posted

Thank you good to know I'm not alone and yes it is worrying. Would be interesting to hear what your ENT consultant says.

• Posted

Hi no you’re not alone Im the same way and I soooo wish it were different.

My whole life has been turned upside down.

I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.

• Posted

I agree it's changed my life to...dvla revoked my driving licence. Will not go out by myself due to all the stumbling. Like you I won't wish this on my worse enemy.

• Posted

hello also have vertigo got meniers 7 years ago  ,had it bad five years ago for several months then went,came back this year in july but with the vertigo this time still have it but now begining to come ago so odd days not bad.tried everything but nothing works, apparently its fluid in the ears but they don't know how to cure it, my hearing is the opposite is highly tuned so loud noises get to me.had mri ct scans even went to ent no joy so far ,it does seem that stress is a big factor aswell as i have found out,no salt or caffine at mo so on going as to see if it helps.your not alone.

• Posted

Lost alot of hearing in both ears, but the strange thing is that loud noises causes me discomfort which I've been advised is due to the meniere's!!!!! So odd

• Posted

I also experience some degree of unsteadiness or queasiness after turning my head quickly such as when looking to. change lanes when driving. 

So far that has not precipated an episode of vertigo but I feel it could. Sometimes I take meclizine when I'm feeling a little queasy and it usually helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.