Meniere's or not?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

So having looked numerous times at the symptoms I'm getting, Maniere's or anxiety seem to crop up often.

I have suffered with tinnitus for several years but it's only ever minor. I hear slight ringing most days but doesn't effect my day to day activities.

The worst of the symptoms is the dizziness and brain fog.

This seems to be more when in crowded places and certain lighting/weather conditions. It almost feels like a swaying feeling also.

Another is where my head feels like it wants to tilt to one side.

Can anyone help?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

my suggestion is you find a CERVICAL CHIPOPRACTOR AND ASK HIM TO GRT YOURHEAD IN STRAIGHT

U TUBE DR BURCON OUT OF LANSING mich

• Posted

Laura....you may have one of a dozen or so causes of your tinnitus and dizziness. The best advice you could receive is to make an appointment with an Ear/Nose/Throat (ENT) doctor that has an audiologist available to test your hearing. You might want to suggest to the ENT that you would also like to have vestibular testing to better pinpoint the cause of your symptoms. Good Luck.

• Posted

hey you said it could be caused by a number of things but when i check the internet it comes up with meniers. i have tinnitus and vertigo high pitch sound which ive lost some hearing in the high frequency but normal for my age.

what other causes are there?

• Posted

Perhaps look for a neurologist familiar with vestibular migraine. Many of your symptoms sounds similar. Especially possible if you have a personal or family history of regular migraine. Menieres usually involves hearing loss and rotational vertigo... without that, most ENTs will tell you that you have anxiety. The lighting and weather, as well as brainfog, suggest migraine vs. anxiety. Again, a neurologist familiar with this is the best Dr to see.

• Posted

Can you put mineral oil in your ears for 10 minutes both ears while laying in bed every 12 hours for 5 days ? This has really helped me.

• Posted

blazey, are you using mineral oil to remove ear wax? If there's an earwax impaction that could cause tinnitus and hearing issues. But I'm not sure how it would help an inner ear disorder like Menieres? I would love to hear more about this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.